Geneforge 5: Overthrow - October Update

Originally Posted By: Ackrovan
Beta tester's universally are known to lie and exagerate the truth

I didn't know how to spell that word so I figured I should spell it out.

Just for that I won't tell you how to get the ending where you head the winning faction except to say you need to kill all 20 Unbound in the game.

I was checking the scripts to update my notes and I see that I missed zone 29 Burwoods. I'm guessing that's the one east of the Unbound camp. Could someone PM me the items to be found there and if it has a canister.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are really, really good at stealth you can sneak through the Unbound camp, provided it is raining or has suitable bad weather to obstruct the view.

Just remember though, the view works both ways. It can be quite startling to suddenly bump into something nasty that you couldn't see a second ago.

It is almost as bad as suddenly bumping into one of the Shaper Agents that are constantly hunting you. You know, the ones that cast things like Strong Daze, charms your creations, uses Acid Shower and Aura of Flames like mad, and generally makes your life a living nightmare.

At the end of the game you will have about a dozen Agent's Shelters and Agent's Cloaks.

Trust us we have cookies. smile

Besides if you can't trust your beta testers whom can you trust?

Edit to provide source of above quote:

,,.if you can't trust your banker, whom can you trust?

Note that the banker speaking that line was just about to rob Bret Maverick.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Originally Posted By: Ackrovan
Beta tester's universally are known to lie and exagerate the truth

I didn't know how to spell that word so I figured I should spell it out.

Just for that I won't tell you how to get the ending where you head the winning faction except to say you need to kill all 20 Unbound in the game.

I was checking the scripts to update my notes and I see that I missed zone 29 Burwoods. I'm guessing that's the one east of the Unbound camp. Could someone PM me the items to be found there and if it has a canister.

quietly sobs

I think it's a little offensive to say Beta-Testers suck. At least they give us new info, and shed light on gameplay and stuff, whether true or false, you get a feel out of it. I think we should be more apperciative of Beta testers as they take their time for testing the early versions of games, giving the developers' games crucial feedback to finalize the final version of the game to its full, potential gaming experience.

Be thankful, if you want G5 to be better than World of Warcraft, and not the boring G4 which after a short while of playing again and again, you get bored, then I suggest you guys thank the beta testers. That's all I have to say.

Jeff gave a tentative date for testing to end, but he's changed that in the past based on how many uncaught bugs he thinks might still be out there.

Probably going to get released in a few weeks since Jeff wants to get your money before you spend it on holiday shopping.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Probably going to get released in a few weeks since Jeff wants to get your money before you spend it on holiday shopping.

But that would be my holiday shopping. And a little off topic, when would he make a windows beta call? I'm curious to give it a try(beta testing that is)