Editing G4

Acky

1) Not making question marks when you ask a question really bugs me...I almost go up the walls. I also get a head ache. Now...

2) Umm, what exactly are you asking? The scripts are in the Data folder and you just edit them. No program required to edit those scripts.

3) Just do yourself a favor and make a working scenario for Blades of Avernum before you do this stuff. It is really similar, and if you can't even make a simple working scenario...how can you expect to edit G4 scripts?

4) If I haven't answered your question, please rephrase it.

I've fooled around with scripts enough to have maybe half a clue as to what I'm doing.

And as for making my own scenarios, let's just say I'm content to play ones made by others. Back in the day, I made myself a simple HLPM for BoE, which I've since ported to BoA. Both are now in mothballs somewhere (I think) on my hard drive.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Check the Strategy Central topic. That's where the links to the editors are hiding.

Dikiyoba isn't sure if either of them work or how good they are, but they exist.

I've played with Micro Phage's editor. It worked. It also replaces the drayk graphic with the Shaper Monarch graphic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Originally Posted By: Master1
isnt that what a script edit does, builds in a trainer?

Script editing is when you modify the files contained in the game ; Its called 'passive' editing. But in a trainer, you modify the variables that the game puts into the computer's RAM (Random Access Memory). Trainers work in real time(the trainer is a seperate program which runs along with the game).

Spiderweb is very nice & open about all the data files : everything has been put into txt, bmp and png files, easily editable smile .