Greatest Creation Made.

Well, only one of the above was able to start a Rebellion against their creators. Drakons are not only extremely powerful, but unlike other power creations such as the ones listed, they are able to organize effectively. Eyebeasts and Rotghroths and such tend to either hide in a cave or attack the whole world by themselves. The only other creation able to organize like a drakon would be serviles, but they are not nearly as powerful. Drakons are indeed the 'greatest' creation ever made.

It's only that Gazers/Eyebeasts are, by nature, insular creatures, whereas Drakons are social. Gazers are also, obviously, highly intelligent and conniving, not to mention just a little bit conceited. Neurotically so, I suppose. Maybe even psychotically? Well, at least sociopathically.

Maybe the biggest difference is that, while the Drakons strive to dominate the world collectively, the Gazers are content to selfishly horde power and wealth. So... which is more intelligent? I'd say the Gazer. They're also more proud... and more delusional. Which is more powerful? I'm not sure. Gazers can fend for themselves and then some, while the Drakons prefer to rely on other Drakons.

Gazers of course. If there was such thing as a maxed-out creation, a gazer could just stun and slow a maxed out ur-drakon to death. Gazers are also cool because of their hypnosis and control abilities over humans serviles and other creations. They also can see 360, and look pretty darn cool. I think a huge eye is more intimidating then the standard dragon monster. Intense fear is fear of the unknown friends.

Originally Posted By: Evnissyen
It's only that Gazers/Eyebeasts are, by nature, insular creatures, whereas Drakons are social. Gazers are also, obviously, highly intelligent and conniving, not to mention just a little bit conceited. Neurotically so, I suppose. Maybe even psychotically? Well, at least sociopathically.

Heh. Maybe I'm an insular, highly intelligent, conniving and conceited gamer. I don't know.

Out of the creations on the ballot I'd pick the gazer/eyebeasts as they're my favorite in game. I haven't talked to enough gazers to physcoanalyze them but the fact they aren't trying to take over the world is a plus.

but if I got to choose from any it'd be the ornks, Ornks rule!!! they should have their own faction.

Imagine Ur-Ornks!

in the first area of GF1 they can kill you

And i change mine to humans. After all, are we not mere creations of the Holy One, Blessed be he, who deigned to grant us humble existence? Was it not he who blessed us all, to the last baton with life? All of us are creations friends, and... *looks around and sees no one is listening* ... I think I'll leave mine at Gazers.

In the poll? Gazers. However, I've always been partial to Clawbugs, Rotgroths, and Wingbolts. All three are pretty effective (I've always found the Clawbug to level up well, Rotgroths have a freakishly powerful acid attack, and Wingbolts can annihilate anything that gets in their way). Additionally, I find that Gazers don't compare to a Wingbolt well in terms of essence efficiency, except maybe in melee.

But then, I rarely take Wingbolts or Gazers into melee, so that's a moot point.

Originally Posted By: Hydromedia
And i change mine to humans. After all, are we not mere creations of the Holy One, Blessed be he, who deigned to grant us humble existence? Was it not he who blessed us all, to the last baton with life? All of us are creations friends, and... *looks around and sees no one is listening* ... I think I'll leave mine at Gazers.

Actually, it has been theorized (Courtesy of the Great Secret in G1) that humans and Serviles are nothing more than Shaping-altered versions of each other, and that there has been an ongoing cycle of Shaper-"Creation" Rebellions stretching far back into history. It is unknown which race was the original, or indeed if that race still survives in modern Geneforge times.

Shapers are essentially normal humans who have learned how to shape, not a different species. Servile probably were originally shaped from or based on humans, possibly thads as well (though they may have been based on apes) just like roamers are based on dogs and the fyoras and drayks were based off lizards.

Originally Posted By: Ale193
Shapers are essentially normal humans who have learned how to shape, not a different species. Servile probably were originally shaped from or based on humans, possibly thads as well (though they may have been based on apes) just like roamers are based on dogs and the fyoras and drayks were based off lizards.

Yeah, what he said.

The Sholai shapers could have gotten mixed in a rebbelion of their own, thus springing out a rebel sect, a shaper sect, and a trakovite sect. But the Trakovites won the war, and obliterated any evidence of shaping. If this is true, then we've a pretty good idea where this rebellion is gonna end up.

But wait, we've got some random shmoe who gets picked to fight in the war, turns to a demi-god over the next year, and then decides the fate of all humanity (on terrestria), thus breaking the cycle that has raged on for eons.

On a side note: has anyone else found the Geneforge story to have some similarities to Johnathon Stroud's Bartimaeus Trilogy?

Originally Posted By: Sleeping Dragon
I always imagined a hell-like plane that had just as many demons living on it as there are people on earth.

Makes you wonder why demons never think to summon humans to fight in their hell battles alongside them.

That sounds like it might be the setting for a BoA scenario.

A trilogy is a good way to end one story, but I'd like to see another series set in the same world, preferably soon after the first series ended. Sorta like starwars or lord of the rings, both of which consist of one or more trilogies and assorted other books/movies, each of which completes its individual story but is part of a rich and larger universe. I think that series has the potential for that sort of thing.

I thought demons were just dead humans who live in Hell but then wander back onto Earth once in a while to annoy people and perhaps make a few more dead residents. When they're 'killed' they just rematerialize in Hell. Thus the armies of Hell never shrink but only grow.

One would think at some point the government of Heaven would become a little less picky with their immigration policy, what with that huge Hell Army crouched impatiently just below them.

...Either that or the Heaven God should stop making people who end up going to Hell.

Originally Posted By: ~Nalyd~
Some things did go unexplained, though. Like how demons reproduce. What with all the magicians summoning them and blasting them to bits, you'd think they'd run out eventually.

Ever read the Bartimaeus trilogy? It theorizes that there is a plane with an indefinite amount of demons, something like a nether plane, where things almost like essence is. When you summon a demon you bind that essence into a corporeal form. They then would not have to reproduce, if there was an indefinite amount.

Originally written by George Meredith:

Quote:
On a starr'd night Prince Lucifer uprose.

Tired of his dark dominion swung the fiend

Above the rolling ball in cloud part screen'd,

Where sinners hugg'd their spectre of repose.

Poor prey to his hot fit of pride were those.

And now upon his western wing he lean'd,

Now his huge bulk o'er Afric's sands careen'd,

Now the black planet shadow'd Arctic snows.

Soaring through wider zones that prick'd his scars

With memory of the old revolt from Awe,

He reach'd a middle height, and at the stars,

Which are the brain of heaven, he look'd, and sank.

Around the ancient track march'd, rank on rank,

The army of unalterable law.

'Unalterable law' is hard to beat.