Best PC class?

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
The fyora could only do 60-80 in (melee) damage per attack[/QB]
That's an interesting experiment.

I never understand why people speak so much about ranged creations melee attack. The only time I use melee is when the enemy is resistant to the specific type of attack. Am I missing something?

I went through before with a solo inf, only using disposable creations for scouting. Now I'm trying with a shock trooper now, and though I'm finally getting the hang of it, I can't find anything to recommend about it. The creations die too easy, and they're not as efficient or versatile an expense of the essence as magic is. I'm relying far more on spores and pods and turning back to rejuvinate far more often than I did with the inf. Not nearly as efficient, not nearly as fun.

I just finished the playthrough with the shock trooper and it got a lot easier toward the endgame, even using a total of five canisters. I tanked her up on combat skills and concentrated on magic shaping, so she could use glakhs to draw fire, wingbolts to deliver it, and deal the physical damage herself. Fire creations may do a better job of pulling close combat, but I find more creatures that are resistant to melee are also resistant to fire, and vice versa, but more creatures that are resistant to magic or combat are more vulnerable to the other.