Geneforge 5 - May Update

The charged creations sucked. I don't want to waste my essence on something thats going to die without needing enemies to kill it. I miss terror vlish. (I'm just glad they kept the cryoa) and why is there no upgraded version of the artilla, I have 4 points in that ability and no searing artilla (weren't all that special anyway, but I liked the color).

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... I don't have the information at hand to tell me otherwise, but I could've sworn they were called Rodhzirons, or Rotdzhirons, or something very similar. With three people attesting to my incorrectness, I guess I need to correct myself.

I've never liked artilas. Admittedly I kept the one in G4 around for a while, since it didn't steal any essence from me, but it was a pain to defend. I was almost glad when Shaila finally took it from me.

Originally Posted By: Uber Ur-drakon
But the corrupted rotghroth wasn't charged, was it? It was an upgraded creation (which up until now I didn't know existed). You know what, don't answer that question. I'm just humiliating myself.

You sealed your fate by going with the overlly used "Ur-Drakon Fetish"

Evnissyen: G5 screenshots are out, try not to drown in drool.

More creation, More zones, BIGGER game, like 5 times the map size and way more plots... (i wish)... epic battles, a way to recruit people... like talk to a guy and say something like:

1. Would you like to travel with me? (Pay him/her <Insert Number of Coins here>)

you get to choose which side to start up as: rebels (human), rebels (creation), Shapers, Humans, Solari (the humans, or outsiders in GF1).

More stuff is always one of Jeff's goals, but it fights with the need to get the game out and selling. Epic battles? If you mean huge, those don't go so well in Spiderweb engines, usually. If you mean tense, challenging, and climactic, the games have been getting better.

There have been recruitable NPCs going back a few Geneforges, now. Not many, and sometimes it takes some work to figure out who and how to hire, but you can do it.

—Alorael, who also just doesn't think a shaper with allies makes any sense in Geneforge. It's not about your friends. It's about you and your horde of created minions.