artifacts

Dunno. you answered your own question, so all i can do is give my opinion, which is basically the same as yours. Sunstone belt is definitely useless, and I guess you don't find any of the others helpful. But you should really ask one of the senior members, their answers will proubaly satisfy you more than mine.

GLOVES OF SAVAGERY — Perfected Gloves / Blood Poison / Essence-Infused Skin

(+6% Armor / +2 Strength / +2 Melee / +4 Quick Action / +2 Creation Strength)

Useful to pretty much any build.

IMPERVIOUS CAPE — Perfected Cloak / Purified Essence / Essence-Infused Skin

(+12% Armor / +5% To Hit Chance / +10% To Hostile Effects Resistance Of Creations)

This could be minimally helpful to a fighter/shaper combination, but there are better cloaks to wear instead.

LEGS OF THE TYRANT — Perfected Greaves / Blood Poison / Essence-Infused Iron

(+14% Armor / +8 Vampiric Touch / +5 Melee Weapons)

I like the Flameweaver Greaves better, but this is good for a fighter.

FLAMEWEAVER GREAVES — Perfected Greaves / Crystalline Fibers / Solidified Flame

(+16% Armor / +2 Battle Magic / +2 Fire Shaping / +20% Cold Resistance)

These are important for Fire Shaping if you don't want to invest expensive skill points into Fire Shaping. I made them as my Infiltrator in order to maximize skill point allotment, and they helped me make Ur-Drakons.

SHAPEMASTER BOOTS — Perfected Boots / Ur-Drakon Skin / Deep Focus Orb

(+3 Fire Shaping / +3 Battle Shaping / +3 Magic Shaping / +10% Hostile Effects Resistance Of Creations)

These are also important for shaping ability to avoid spending expensive skill points on shaping instead.

GIRDLE OF SUCCOR — Perfected Belt / Ur-Drakon Skin / Unmelting Ice

(+14% Armor / +2 Blessing Magic / +2 Healing Magic / +8% Creation Armor / +4 Hostile Effects Resistance Of Creations)

Pretty unuseful. Magic sorts (if not most sorts) will want the Girdle of Intelligence usually instead.

CLOAK OF THE SHADOWS — Perfected Cloak / Pure Crystal Shard / Purified Essence

(+10% Armor / +2 Leadership / +2 Mechanics / +2 Stealth / +1 Action Points)

This would be more useful if it were accessible much earlier in the game. However, that +1 Action Point can be combined with other gear to give you double action unhasted by late game. Very useful for the nasty bonus areas and the end game.

Overall, the artifacts are a bit disappointing and uneven, but about half of them are fairly useful at some point. It all depends which kind of character you are running, of course. Some benefit more than others.

-S-

SUNSTONE BELT — Grosch Pits — Perfected Belt / Deep Focus Orb / Unmelting Ice

(+14% Armor / +40 Radiance (Undead Bane) / +20% Fire Resistance / +20% Energy Resistance)

Yeah, this is really quite worthless, especially since no one has been able to demonstrate that Radiance actually has any observable effect against undead.

Can anyone else verify that the Shapemaster boots only add +2 to skills? I'd have thought I'd have noticed that or that someone would have pointed it out long ago if it were true.

-S-

Quote:
Originally written by Synergy:
SUNSTONE BELT — Grosch Pits — Perfected Belt / Deep Focus Orb / Unmelting Ice
(+14% Armor / +40 Radiance (Undead Bane) / +20% Fire Resistance / +20% Energy Resistance)

Yeah, this is really quite worthless, especially since no one has been able to demonstrate that Radiance actually has any observable effect against undead.
I made it as a no-magic singleton because I needed the resistances, although when I wasn't fighting enemies that used fire or magic attacks I'm pretty sure I switched back to the Girdle of Endurance.

(It's also one of the earliest artifacts you can make. Depending on your perspective, that's either an advantage or a trap.)

Quote:
Originally written by trogdor458:
I always wondered about those hidden abilities like radiance and stealth, perhaps raidiance makes it less likely undead will attack you?
Stealth reduces enemies' "sight" radius with respect to you, so you can get closer before they notice you. Oddly enough, it even works on mines.

Quote:
On second thought, it probably just causes more damage to the undead.

Oh wait, that's right, it does, that's what bane is all about.
That's probably what Radiance would do, if it worked, which it doesn't seem to, which is what we've been saying.

I will rate this 1-5 and tell why

GLOVES OF SAVAGERY — Perfected Gloves / Blood Poison / Essence-Infused Skin

(+6% Armor / +2 Strength / +2 Melee / +4 Quick Action / +2 Creation Strength)

Useful for any build 5

IMPERVIOUS CAPE — Perfected Cloak / Purified Essence / Essence-Infused Skin

(+12% Armor / +5% To Hit Chance / +10% To Hostile Effects Resistance Of Creations)

I see no point in making this 1.5

LEGS OF THE TYRANT — Perfected Greaves / Blood Poison / Essence-Infused Iron

(+14% Armor / +8 Vampiric Touch / +5 Melee Weapons

Great for Infiltrator, Servile and Warrior 4

FLAMEWEAVER GREAVES — Perfected Greaves / Crystalline Fibers / Solidified Flame

(+16% Armor / +2 Battle Magic / +2 Fire Shaping / +20% Cold Resistance)Will do nicely for Lifecrafters 3

GIRDLE OF SUCCOR — Perfected Belt / Ur-Drakon Skin / Unmelting Ice

(+14% Armor / +2 Blessing Magic / +2 Healing Magic / +8% Creation Armor / +4 Hostile Effects Resistance Of Creations)I suppose this could be useful for a shaper but most people either have Girdle of Genius of Girdle of Life 2

CLOAK OF THE SHADOWS — Perfected Cloak / Pure Crystal Shard / Purified Essence

(+10% Armor / +2 Leadership / +2 Mechanics / +2 Stealth / +1 Action Points) That +1 Action point is handy and useful for the hard bonus ares, but to get a higher rating it needs to be available earlier on in the game 3.5

SHAPEMASTER BOOTS - Perfected Boots / Ur-Drakon Skin / Deep Focus Orb (+16% Armor / +2 to all kinds of shaping/ +10 Hostile Effects Resistance Of Creations) Perfect for Shaping arts 4

SUNSTONE BELT - Perfected Belt / Unmelting Ice / Deep Focus Orb (+20% Energy Resistance / +20% Fire Resistance / +40 Radiance(nothing))Very bad, 20 Energy Resistance is okay but if u make this you cant make Shapemaster Boots or Girdle of the Succor. And Radiance doesn't work so...1

Rolvas, please use the Edit button to fix or add to one of your posts, rather than make a new, largely redundant post. You probably didn't need to create a new thread on the subject either, but maybe that wasn't intentional. I'm going to delete it since you already have all the same info posted here in this thread where it is relevant.

-S-