Ever Wonder How Vlish Get Around?

Of course we are mammals. We have spines. We have nipples.

Says right in the Advanced Creature Guide that we Vlish have standard mammalian skin, please keep moist. A good Shaper always brings along a good hand lotion, or else he may suffer an accidental nervous breakdown or may suddenly think he is a chicken for a while.

One thing that's bothered me...So where does the helium in the sacks come from? I mean, it it leaks out, how does the Vlish get more? Does it go down to the grocery store and suck on the tank of helium at the expense of kids not getting their birthday party baloons?

Vlish do not obey. We cooperate because for now, the Shapers serve our better interests, much like cats occasionally look cute for their human masters.

Cats and Vlish both know who is really in charge.

Quiet you, before you spend the rest of your life thinking you are a watermellon.

Quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:
Your insolence and your plans for your puny traps have been noted. There will be a spot at the wall reserved for you.
Actually, I'm better at magical mind-control then any other creature. You, my squidy friend, would simply get assimilated into my already massive army of mind-controlled creations. Or I could just call my faithful little clawbug.

P.S.: Little is merely a term of affection. This clawbug managed to single-handedly put many a Drakon down.

Quote:
Originally written by Major:
Helium is flammable at least as far as I'm concerned. Doubt me? A blimp that was filled with helium exploded into flames once. Why not a Vlish?
Primarily because the Hindenberg was filled with hydrogen, which is quite flammable. The skin of the blimp was also flammable, especially the paint on it.

Helium is not flammable, and your ignorance will not change that fact.

Quote:
Originally written by Major:
Helium is flammable at least as far as I'm concerned. Doubt me? A blimp that was filled with helium exploded into flames once. Why not a Vlish?
Care to provide a reference from a reputable scientific source? Until you do, you are one of the following:

1) Totally ignorant of basic chemistry and fundamentals of the periodic table.
2) The greatest scientist alive because you have shown quantum mechanics, chemistry, and the periodic table to be ineffective at making predictions about simple atoms.
3) Really know the right answer but for some reason like to argue wrong things.

I'm betting on number 1 personally. Read up on the periodic table and valence shells. Wikipedia is a great source, use it. I don't have time to teach you all of chemistry.

Quote:
Originally written by *i:
One thing that's bothered me...So where does the helium in the sacks come from? I mean, it it leaks out, how does the Vlish get more? Does it go down to the grocery store and suck on the tank of helium at the expense of kids not getting their birthday party baloons?
They breath Helium? And if a Vlish is filled by Helium, why he (Note: I deliberally didn't use "it") just don't fly away? Mental Force Field?

Quote:
They breath Helium? And if a Vlish is filled by Helium, why he (Note: I deliberally didn't use "it") just don't fly away? Mental Force Field?
And the helium comes from where? There are very minimal amounts in the atmosphere, unless in the Geneforge world everyone talks with a high pitched voice. :p

I just assumed Vlish used their tentacles to propel themselves.

I'd tend to agree. It's much more plausible if Vlish use hydrogen - perhaps by consuming water and splitting it? - than helium.

It also makes sense that they want us to think it's helium. It keeps the people with matches away.

Unless the people with matches are completely clueless about chemistry. Damn.

Originally by Nioca:

Quote:
I kept wondering why something about the topic title was bothering me. Now I realize that the topic title could be mis-interperated in a very TM-like way. eek
Congratulations, Nioca. You've been corrupted now.

Originally by Micawber:

Quote:
What, as in "Ever wonder how Vlish get a round of drinks"?

Maybe one of their tentacles doubles up as a credit card - one can always hope.

Mind control. Because then it's free.

Dikiyoba.

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
Quote:
Originally written by Nioca:
I kept wondering why something about the topic title was bothering me. Now I realize that the topic title could be mis-interperated in a very TM-like way. eek
Congratulations, Nioca. You've been corrupted now.
Ah, the powers of the English Slanguage. :rolleyes:

At any rate, I wouldn't have made that connection, if I hadn't heard the song 'My Generation' recently.

EDIT: Modified for context.

If vlish are at all similar to squid or octopi, then they wold in fact have to use gas propulsion. I'd think they'd get tired of blowing out air or flatus 24/7, but they are resilient little monsters.

Either that or they are like eyebeasts and telepathically will themselves around, or in TM-context, onto others.