Hardest Scenario

Ouroboros

What is the Thalia Colony? Could it be that I have yet to accomplish something in one of the starter scenarios?

I think most people are going to say Exodus (I haven't had the pleasure of playing it yet since I can't bring myself to beat Bahssikava a second time) for one reason or another.

TM's scenarios generally have very difficult bosses.

TM's BoA scenarios really aren't that hard. Although General Shroud in Canopy may give you some trouble as soon as TM uploads the fixed version.

TM made much, much harder fights in his BoE scenarios.

Enraged Slith - Thalia Colony is, ah, several people who "withdrew from the world" due to the crazy events happening on Morrow's Isle. If you fix the bug in one of the outdoor scripts, you can attack the Colony provided you haven't dealt with them yet. This triggers a tough fight against quite a few Elite Warriors, a lot of Bladesmen, a Wizard, and maybe a few other enemies I can't remember. If you manage to win, you get no reward (other than the items that the enemies drop and the XP).

Overall, if you want to play really hard scenarios, you're better off with BoE : Doom Moon series, At the Gallows (the Vahnatai Emeritus and Caffen-Bok are among my favorite battles, but only because I'm a masochist), Revenge, Echoes series, Shadow of the Stranger (to some extent), An Apology*, Roots, Areni...

*Note about An Apology : IMO, it's all about having extensive knowledge of the BoE engine and carefully creating your party. If you're an expert player, you'll have no problems completing it. If not, it's basically impossible. Big K's keep is an excellent test.

Frostbite using the pregenerated character at torment difficulty is probably impossible even with careful management of resources. The fight in the goblin hall without equipment was pretty much as far as I've gotten. Even on normal it was hard to make it through to an end.

I've beaten Frostbite on Torment, and I still got the Defender's Blade. After getting advice from Lazarus about the whole "be sure to loot the reagents at least twice" feature, it wasn't that hard. Of course, the part right after the goblin fight still required a few (read : many) reloads...

EDIT : Randomizer, the fight in the goblin hall requires you to thoroughly abuse the engine, if I remember correctly. See how you can use your surroundings to your advantage...

Hardest Scenario... It's actually hard for me to name one particular scenario. Disregarding bad scenarios here, Exodus, Canopy: Manufactured Womb, Dilecia and Frostbite all rank highly in that regard, albeit for different reasons. Exodus has incredibly difficult to kill enemies (not to mention a few nasty situations), Canopy has some really wacky battles that require you to think, Frostbite has combat that also pits you against the environment along with some dangerous enemies, and Dilecia has things that tend to kill you very quickly.

HIM2 isn't that hard. The beta was a lot harder, to be fair, because it wasn't obvious that you shouldn't fight, so I spent a good while being ground down by zombies that kept respawning. On the hardest setting, that's murder, because if you don't rush through your PCs turn to zombies. Having a monster appear next to your 3hp, disease-ridden mage is not fun. tongue