Where can I download new BoE scenarios to play?

Mistb0rn

The Archive contains nearly every BoE scenario ever released; if it's not there, it's probably not anywhere. Emailing a new scenario to Kelandon, the maintainer of that site (tomwatts (at) berkeley (dot) edu), is probably the easiest way to make it publicly available: it'll certainly be faster than trying to get Spiderweb to put it up these days.

• 2 weeks later...

My first scenario is almost ready to release, I just have to wait for my beta-testers to finish so I can fix any errors. It's a small, classic exile-type scenario, intended for a low-mid level party.

While I'm waiting on the testers to get back to me, I'm also working on my next scenario, a huge one for Very High level parties. I'm guessing that we don't really need a bunch more easy ones, correct?

We really only have three real scenarios (high level party makers excluded) to bring a beginner-level party to medium level, actually. One of them features an edited Warrior's Grove as the starting town. So yes, we need low-level scenarios as much as high-level scenarios. Make what you want to make, though.

Originally Posted By: The Almighty Doer of Stuff
We really only have three real scenarios (high level party makers excluded) to bring a beginner-level party to medium level, actually. One of them features an edited Warrior's Grove as the starting town. So yes, we need low-level scenarios as much as high-level scenarios. Make what you want to make, though.

Are you sure you don't think you're posting in the BoA forum instead of the BoE forum? We have lots of BoE scenarios for every party level.

Also, "low-level" doesn't necessarily mean "easy" -- there are lots of scenarios, like On a Ship to Algiers or Deadly Goblins, that are designed for low-level parties but are still very difficult.

In general, you should always set the scenario's level a bit higher than you actually expect the party to end the scenario with. If the party enters, say, a low-level scenario and manages to get to level 10, every monster in the game will have twice as much HP in a misguided attempt to increase the difficulty; this is almost always an undesirable feature, so you set the scenario to Medium or High level to avoid it.

It's an average level of 8, and I was referring specifically to parties that will take a freshly made party, and take them to level 8. There are plenty of scenarios for freshly-made parties, but most either won't get the party to level 8 or will take them significantly past it. The only three that take a fresh party to level 8 (so they can play Medium-level scenarios) that I know of are VoDT, Back To Normal, and Treacherous Waters. Are there others?

I guess that wasn't necessarily what Mistb0rn was asking, but nevertheless.