A1 & A2 Arcane Summon

Arcane Summon can only summon 1 monster at a time in all Avernum games. If the monster type is your problem, know that each level of Arcane Summon summons a different type of monster. Lvl 1 summons a demon, for example. Eyebeasts, and especially gazers, being very strong in various situations, you should be happy to get them!

You can't. Not with Arcane Summon however, with Capture Soul/Simulacrum you can, but that spell doesn't exist in Avernum 1.

In Avernum 2 and 3 that Simulacrum would be your spell, but it's expensive and not that easy to get. By the time you can use it (and use it regularly), you should've captured more powerful monsters than drakes.

Killing Erika gets you killed in every Avernum game, so be careful if you anger her. Although I'll admit that the A3 Erika is a very fun fight, if you're feeling suicidal.

About summons : Arcane Summon and Divine Host became more powerful with each Avernum game. They were mediocre in A1 and A2, decent in A3, and can actually be pretty useful in BoA.

Rent-an-Ihrno, Arcane Summon can summon more than one monster in A3 and BoA. Not sure about A2, I'll have to check.

If you kill Erika right I don't think you automatically die, so you could capture her. It's just hard, a bad idea, and not worthwhile. I don't think you can ever cast Capture Soul on any inhabitants of the Tower of Magi (or Fort Emergence, or Blackcrag).

—Alorael, who will reiterate his advise not to try capturing friendly souls. Stick to enemies. Seriously. There are plenty of them and some are powerful enough to be quite useful. Think ur-basilisks.

Really? Is there a way to kill her without dying? In A1, if you kill her image she says something like "Fools! You thought I had no defenses? Prepare for your fate!" and you die. In A2, I believe something happens to the tower if you kill her (I do think you die, but once again I'd have to check). In A3, you automatically try to cross some protective runes after killing her, you're told that Erika cares a lot about privacy, then you die.

I think so. Doesn't it decrease whenever you assault innocents? Still, you've got so much reputation and need so little at the end that it's not really significant. Mostly it's just pointless.

—Alorael, who holds that if you can successfully kill Erika you really don't need to cast Capture Soul on her. You're obviously doing fine without it.