You cannot unring a bell.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, if the bell happens to generate a clean single-frequency wave, you ring an identical bell at the right place and the right time and cause a destructive interference. If you then stand at the right place between the two bells, you will hear nothing.

Does that count?

Unless you subscribe to the most radical applications of non-cognitivism, in which case you hold that the claim that the bell has been wrung has not factual significance and, by extension, can never be factually proven. Thus, I contend that the bell was never wrung. By so altering the perceived past, I have effectively undone the purported action of ringing the bell. I win? tongue

In a game of horseshoe pitching I suppose you could use a very tall and thin bell as the stake. If you both throw ringers your scores cancel and I suppose you've both got unringers. What's more, if you're using fast food instead of iron horseshoes you have a chance to onion ring a bell.

—Alorael, who will admit that he's stretched way, way to far here. He feels nothing but righteous indignation as his puns ring out.

• 3 years later...