Geneforge v1.2 Mac Universal Version Public Beta

Spidweb

We are working on Universal versions of Geneforge 1-3 for Intel Macintoshes. The Universal Geneforge is now in public beta. You can download the beta here:

ftp://ftp.spiderwebsoftware.com/temp/GeneforgeDemov12beta.dmg

If you try it out (either to report a problem or let us know that it's working), please let us know.

If you have been wanting to be enlisted as a Spiderweb beta tester, reporting on public betas is a great way to get our attention. smile

- Jeff Vogel

Added 3/18 - The official release of this is finally being taken live. Thanks to everyone who sent feedback. Geneforge 2-3 will follow in the next week or two. Thread now unstickied.

I think I found a minor bug. Learned Koblar (I don't think I spelled it right) will tell me where I can find a boat off the island before I've done anything to help the Awakened (or used the leadership-enabled dialogue option). I hadn't even left the town yet, and the only reputation answer I gave should have hurt my standing with them.

If you have a previous edition of Geneforge 1 and are upgrading on the same computer, then the registration is contained in the preference file and the new version will work using it. The save game folder is now in Documents, so you will have to move old saved games if you want to play them.

If you have the CD-ROM version then install the old version on a new computer and then download the new version to upgarde.

If you are transferring to a new computer and only have the old download version, then you will need to contact Jeff explaining your old registration information so he can send you a new key to register the new version on the new computer.