Scenario Editor - Scenario Creation fails (Mac OS 10.5.5) [Fixed!]

Neptúnus Hirt

Using the latest pre-compiled version found on Khoth's website, I can not create new scenarios using the editor. After the application tells me it is about to create my scenario (telling me that it may take a while, I think), it spits out this error and proceeds to shut itself down.

I've searched around the forum, in case someone has had the same problem as I, but I have had no luck. If this is a repeated occurrence of this problem here on the forum, I must apologize.

For what it's worth, I am using a MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz, with 2 GB of RAM.

Thank you for your time.

I'm pretty sure that's due to the absence of a "Blades of Exile Base" file. Check – does such a file exist in the scenario editor folder? If not, you need to find one. Technically, any scenario file will do, but if you want the default base you'll probably have to get it from the Spiderweb site (by downloading the old demo, probably, or it may be included with the source).

I applaud your wisdom, and thank you profusely! This was exactly the problem; after downloading the appropriate file (and the rest of the source package), I managed to create a new scenario.

Now, to finally begin work on my timeless epic, with its seventy towns, multiple (branching) quest-lines, immersive plot, unforgettable characters and challenging puzzles/encounters.

That was my poor attempt at humor. I'll start small, I promise.

Thanks again, Minstrel.

Originally Posted By: Wielder of Scorn
Now, to finally begin work on my timeless epic, with its seventy towns, multiple (branching) quest-lines, immersive plot, unforgettable characters and challenging puzzles/encounters.

Good thing I read the rest of your post, otherwise you would have heard/read it. tongue

But I thought the bladbase error was different. I remember it saying that it couldn't find the file. Is this a mac thing, or what?

Originally Posted By: Carrier of Anamzas
Good thing I read the rest of your post, otherwise you would have heard/read it.

Haha, I gathered that such bold statements were some of the most "facepalm"-worthy of utterances on this forum.

I'm glad my little joke had the intended effect.

Originally Posted By: Carrier of Anamzas
Is this a mac thing, or what?

Seems like it. Whatever it is, it's solved. I hope Khoth includes the file in future releases (if he's still working on it. I hope he is, because I'm no programmer).