Locked doors & dangerous pylon in Foundry[G5]

Blurb

Foundary Core West: The doors opened for me when I did the demo twice with two different characters. I don't know how they opened. I was just blundering around. Now I cleared the areas via the hint book, so in different order, but I think I did the same things basically. But now the doors won't open.

Also, maybe the same thing that opens all the controls for the doors in the West can turn off the dangerous pylon blocking the canister in Foundry Core East? That got turned off the first time. (Don't ask me how, because I don't know. :)) Thanks.

The energy spirals in Foundry Core East control either the alarms (orange devices) or power to release creations from their holding cells. Deactivating each one prevents you from getting attacked and they have different mechanical difficulties going up to 7.

After I figured out what they did, I always let the creations out for the experience a bits of loot.

It's just the one pylon in the northeast of FCE guarding the canister. Every other pylon is easily shut off. When I went to deactivate that one, I got a message that it's way too complicated/dangerous, or something like that. I did do a save and try it. Bye bye. Maybe I had 6 instead of 7 this time? I just boosted up my mechanics on the last few level ups and I have 10 now. No problem. Tell me that getting a wrack canister was worth it. smile Can't remember wrack in other games.

ETA: Speaking of exploiting experience, I happened to wander back into Area 1, Pacification Fields, after clearing 8 or 9 areas, and it was loaded with low level rogues giving me really high experience for those worms that would die if you breathed on them. Like 35 exp, and I have the servile and two creations eating up part of my exp., too. smile

Originally Posted By: Blurb
ETA: Speaking of exploiting experience, I happened to wander back into Area 1, Pacification Fields, after clearing 8 or 9 areas, and it was loaded with low level rogues giving me really high experience for those worms that would die if you breathed on them. Like 35 exp, and I have the servile and two creations eating up part of my exp., too. smile

I found this out by accident too. It's a fun surprise, isn't it?