Rebels in the Swamp (bug?)[G5]

Lilith

Celaa in Kaz gives the PC a quest to help a band of serviles hunting rogues. After a bit of poking around in the scripts, it seems that there are supposed to be serviles camped in the Southwest Okavano Fens area, and they went home because I wiped out the rogue battle alphas and betas they were hunting before finding the serviles. This also means I didn't get credit for the quest.

Unless someone can tell me how to fix this, I'm pretty sure I've gone and made this quest unfinishable on this playthrough, and I'll post this as a warning to others not to do the same. This is not exactly a bug, but it's annoying that there's no way to get the quest off my list now.

The serviles are camped in the southeast corner of the Southwest Okavano Fens. You need a certain level of leadership to convince them that you are there to help in order to complete the quest. You have the option to talk to them to improve your rebel or shaper reputation. You also have the option to kill them there to improve your shaper reputation.

Once you kill the battle beta leader in the northwest corner, they start to leave. I doubt that this is a bug, but just Jeff thinking one way on how to do the quest. You are supposed to enter the zone from Kaz and come directly to them.

Yeah, I could tell where they were supposed to be from the campfire with all the Not Yours items scattered around it. Unfortunately by the time I found it I'd already killed the beta and the serviles were long gone. As I said, it's not exactly a bug, just a nuisance and something to watch out for. (I'd argue that it is a bug that the quest doesn't remove itself from the list after the beta is killed, though.)

Well, I was planning on a second playthrough anyway. I'll do the quest then.