PLEASE HELP

Space_barbarian

To clarify, the cause of the problem could be any of various things depending on what operating system you're using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS9, Mac OSX, etc.) and which version of BoE you're using: original BoE sold by Spiderweb Software, a version of Ormus's in-progress reworking for Windows, a Macintosh reworking, etc.

Well im using windows xp right now, when i downlod the scenarios, is there a particular place i need to save them in? Or do i need to download a certain program to run the scenarios? Im not sure if this matters but the copy of blades of exile im using is the one that theyre selling on their website... I'd appreciate any advice...

Ah...Did you buy it or use the demo?

Either way, download Ormus's: http://info.wsisiz.edu.pl/~kowalsg0/

put the .exs and .bmp files into the 'scenarios' folder. NOT in subfolders

If .rar doesn't float your boat, you can download a .zipped version here: http://cid-7c0b1ecd4408eaa8.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/exile/BoE|_Full/Blades%20of%20Exile.zip

If you ever strike anything on these boards that is a "rar" type file and if there is no zip alternative, as shown above for BoE, use the freeware program 7zip. It is good for a few formats: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, TAR, BZIP2, RAR, CAB, ARJ, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB, LZH, SPLIT, and CHM.

See the site:

http://www.7-zip.org/

ok, so ignore the last post please, and here is what ive done thus far: ive downloaded ormus's, downloaded a scenario, unzipped it using the 7-zip, and placed the exs ad bmp files into the scenario folder (im not sure if its in a subfolder or not, i cannot differentiate the 2) and tried to start playing.... didnt work...

Space_barbarian, are you familiar with navigating the folders on your computer using Windows Explorer? It's an important skill to know when you're using Windows.

If your copy of BoE is in C:\Program Files\Blades of Exile (for example), your scenario should be in C:\Program Files\Blades of Exile\scenarios.

In this example, Program Files, Blades of Exile, and Scenarios are folders. A subfolder is simply a folder within another folder, so the scenarios folder would be a subfolder of the Blades of Exile folder, and Blades of Exile would be a subfolder of Program Files.

When you unzip, the default on Windows is that the resulting files are placed into their own folder, which won't show up in the list of available scenarios.

Even if you still put them all in the right folder, there was a bug in BoE where the scenarios would not be recognized anyway, see the link in my post of 21 Nov 6:42pm.