Secret areas under Thalants

maddz

Looking at the map of under Thalants, there looks like 2 secret areas in the NW sector (one off the western edge, the other off the northern edge).

Now, my question is are they really secret areas and if they are, how do you get to them?

Yes, I've used the 2 buttons, and got to the cabinet guarded by the fungi, and found the 'back door' from under Kerebass, but I cannot find anything that gets access to any secret area...

From Ishad Nha in Strategy Central topic:

Ghost Mode

If you want to walk through the walls like a ghost, make the following alterations to av5floorster.txt, using the Replace All function.

Replace "tr_blockage_type1 = 2" with "tr_blockage_type1 = 0".

Replace "tr_blockage_type1 = 3" with "tr_blockage_type1 = 0".

Replace "tr_blockage_type2 = 3" with "tr_blockage_type2 = 0".

You won't need to know where they occur in the file, the function handles this for you. This is handy for anyone thinking of writing an authorative walkthrough.

Obviously make a copy of the file first, so you can quickly undo the changes when you are finished.

I seem to remember a whole bunch of ladders, I believe it was under Thalants, that I found pretty gosh darn annoying, or maybe it wasn't the ladders but some other areas that I couldn't figure out how to get into (probably the ones that Maddz was referring to) until I finally cheated and used the "ghost edit" that Randomizer just mentioned.

There were also one or two areas I couldn't get to because I'd allowed Gladwell to geas me all up.

I've just started a new game with a party of two (Nephil both, plus divine blood)... no Gladwell this time.

Originally Posted By: Evnissyen
I seem to remember a whole bunch of ladders, I believe it was under Thalants, that I found pretty gosh darn annoying, or maybe it wasn't the ladders but some other areas that I couldn't figure out how to get into (probably the ones that Maddz was referring to) until I finally cheated and used the "ghost edit" that Randomizer just mentioned.

I think I know the one -- a room full of trapdoors, each leading down into a different part of a series of underground caves, right? I thought it was north of the Azure Gallery, though.

No... now I remember, it was the northwest (I think) region of the Vahnatai lands. There was an inaccessible building there. Underground, there was a tight cluster of ladders, each one at the end of its very own little hallway.

EDIT: Yes, I think we're remembering the same place. There was a collection of trapdoors inside the building, and I think there was a dead body in there as well.

• 7 months later...

So, back to the secret areas under Thalants, if I don't want to hack the game or cheat, are those secret areas intended to be accessed through normal game-play? I've explored every tunnel adjacent to the Thalants area that I could find, checking for secret switches, and have explored every room under Thalants checking for switches, and have only exposed the secret area at the south end.

• 3 months later...