Skribane

I was carrying some as I walked into Lorelei, but the guards kept catching me. Then I noticed that you can use skribane. So I used it to get rid of it, and I noticed my health spell points went up. I took no notice, cause I figured it couldn't be permanent. But it's been a few days (game time)and the effects are still there. Is skribane permanent?

It doesn't raise your maximum health and energy, but it boosts your current values and ignores your normal limits. Those boosted values last until you either use up your reserves or do something that sets your health or energy to the maximum value.

—Alorael, who recommends not using skribbane, and not just because of his own addiction. It will wreck your characters unless you're at the very end of the game and won't have time for withdrawal to catch up to you.

I don't think you need a secret road. You can either use the Orb of Thralni to fly around guard posts or go around and enter from the north. It's less direct if you're coming from Bigail, and you still have to dodge patrols, but it's not hard.

—Alorael, who entered this way by accident and then got busted trying to leave to the west. His excuses that he was planning on burning the confiscated drugs well outside the city limits went unheeded.

The disappearing tower is the appropriately named Fading Tower, or the Woodsy Tower in E3. It's the home of a haakai (Chaldrath, I think), and it vanishes once he's dead.

—Alorael, who loses a horse in the Filth Factory every time he plays A3. You'd think he'd learn, and he has. He just hates horses.