set_spec_item(47,1);

set_spec_item(3,-1);

sf(47,17,1);

if (has_spec_item(4) == 0)

rs(5);

else set_spec_item(4,-1);

break;

thats it

what i did is copy the script file that is run when you complete all the gese tasks, to the script for the sign that is in front of the potion works in exodus.

So after you save the script file, load your saved game, and goto exodus and read the sign in front of the potion works (top part of town.)

You need to load a saved game to have it read the updated script file.

this will remove the geas, and give you 6 keys.

Take that gladwell!

The right way to remove Gladwell's geas is to smash the crystal in the back area of Gladwell's Keep. But you can't enter the back area of Gladwell's Keep until after the Azure Gallery.

If a door has a difficulty of 90, it's impossible to unlock without using a key or cheating. Your tool use has to be at least equal to the door's difficulty to unlock it.

Not without cheating. You can't go back into the testing dungeon after you've finished it, and the powerful Ceremonial weapons will disappear from your inventory when you leave. There's a trick to let you keep the Ceremonial items: put them all on one character, then make sure that character dies. If he's dead when you leave, the items won't be taken. After you bring him back to life, you have to make sure you never go back to the nephil village or the items will be taken away from you.

This is in the walkthroughs, actually. Get one of your characters knocked unconscious, and you (probably) will get to keep any ceremonial items they had on them. If you already killed everything down in that area, and you completed the quest to kill the murderer who's staying with the Fang Clan, you're probably out of luck. (Summoned monsters don't turn hostile when attacked, they just display an error message. Believe me, I've tried to get them to knock me out.)

Edit: beaten to the punch.

You can't join the Anama if you took Gladwell's geas. By the time you get it removed you probably stole their scrolls so they will be hostile.

The letters were supposed to be given to Mickleburg in Ahoronia. If you stole the Anama Scrolls it's too late to deliver them.

You can steal the Anama Scrolls without joining, but it's harder. You have to sneak around to find them.

Solutaker's pit - i killed him.

But i can't get to room closed by portculis

and skeletal warriors - they are endless! i kill them but they appears again and again! What i must to do??

And this hints on walls - for what?

blackchasm outpost - downstairs, where a war teleported in start of game, there are boiling copper - i try to open it, but password required. Where i can get it?

Soultaker's Pit requires you to do enough damage to your possessed character for Soultaker to appear. Keep healing your characters. Ignore the skeletal warriors until after killing Soultaker.

The hints on the walls refer to the lighted pillars beyond that gate that opens when you finally kill Soultaker.

The Blackchasm Outpost password is part of a quest from the Incantor upstairs. At this point you don't get any experience for doing it since this is a beginning game quest.

I killed all creatures in dungeon, except 2 endless skeleton guards. Soultaker was guarded by to guards and liked to cast death spell (or like). With first opportunity i upload screenshot.

BTW in blackchasm outpost there are two guards before closed gates to west, sign something about "mayors permission required". And to west entrance to city Barga (i think).

Can i open it?

PS I can't nevermind: May be you know - WHY Exile was renamed to Avernum???

Originally Posted By: Ethermind
I killed all creatures in dungeon, except 2 endless skeleton guards. Soultaker was guarded by to guards and liked to cast death spell (or like). With first opportunity i upload screenshot.

Master of Pit liked wee bit too much on death spell not Soultaker. I think you have missed some key/switch at dungeon.

Yeah, the "endless" skeletons aren't endless, and if they keep respawning you probably haven't really killed the Soultaker. Notice how a party member gets charmed every few rounds while you're in that room? You're not supposed to uncharm them: you're supposed to attack them.

Oh sht! I thought that master of pit was soultaker...

Very sad, because dungeon is clean except that room...

Any way, i killed dorikas.

: (

Strange game.

dorikas "fortress" was not stronger that outpost...

last map can be named "dorikas house", but not _lands_.

i disappointed... in avernum 5 ever was none of surface maps...

The intriguing "exile's" beginning, the disappointing end...

waiting for av six.

• 8 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/17/2008 at 11:06 AM, bilbus said:

I removed it by editing a file

Find "z100Texodusdlg.txt"

use notepad to open the file. Search for "Haskell's Potionworks"

Replace the existing text

begintalknode 8;

state = -1;

nextstate = -1;

condition = 1;

question = "special";

text1 = "The sign says:";

text2 = " Haskell's Potionworks";

With this

begintalknode 8;

state = -1;

nextstate = -1;

condition = 1;

question = "special";

text1 = "The sign says:";

text2 = " Haskell's Potionworks";

code =

sf(170,6,2);

if (has_spec_item(4) > 0)

set_spec_item(4,-1);

if (has_spec_item(5) > 0)

set_spec_item(5,-1);

if (has_spec_item(6) > 0)

set_spec_item(6,-1);

set_spec_item(47,1);

set_spec_item(47,1);

set_spec_item(47,1);

set_spec_item(47,1);

set_spec_item(47,1);

set_spec_item(47,1);

set_spec_item(47,1);

set_spec_item(3,-1);

sf(47,17,1);

if (has_spec_item(4) == 0)

rs(5);

else set_spec_item(4,-1);

break;

thats it

what i did is copy the script file that is run when you complete all the gese tasks, to the script for the sign that is in front of the potion works in exodus.

So after you save the script file, load your saved game, and goto exodus and read the sign in front of the potion works (top part of town.)

You need to load a saved game to have it read the updated script file.

this will remove the geas, and give you 6 keys.

Take that gladwell!

And nine years later, somebody used this and it worked.  Thanks, friend!

• 1 year later...

Old thread, I know ...

Anama Prayer Scrolls is special item number 20. If you gave your copy to Gladwell and really need another copy later,

edit a script as suggested above, and add the following line to one of the "code" areas:

set_spec_item(20,1);

It will give you a copy of the scrolls. I edited "z100Texodusdlg.txt"  for example, and added the line under the code area where you ask the guy to teach you magic.