Rune fight tips for An Apology?

Prince of Kitties

I'm playing An Apology with a lvl 7 singleton who's been through "On a Ship to Algiers", and I am already running into trouble with the rune fight. I couldn't seem to knock off a rune before getting killed, so I used the party editor to give myself lightning rods... And ten lightning rods later, I have still not destroyed one rune. It seems the runes have more than three hundred HP each.

How is a level 7 party, never mind a level 1 one, expected to destroy the rune in time? Does one have less HP than the rest, or something? Or is this HP doubling? (Which I shouldn't be running into - no way is my party strong enough to trigger it.)

IIRC, the only "Rune Fight" is in the beginning of the actual 'adventure' when Kriken is trying to summon a Malice Demon and there is a ring of runes, to protect him, around the area where the Portal is being created.

They start, all 'inactive', but each becomes 'activated' in turn.

You cannot destroy a rune once it becomes 'active', but the 'inactive' ones are rather easily destroyed, thus stopping the Summoning Ritual.

Once the Ritual is stopped, everything works out fine for the Party.

If there's a different 'Rune Fight' that I missed, please let me know.

me

Posting for fun? Of coarse, isn't that what forums are for? (550 HP, Ouch, Hastes with your mages and blesses then wounds with your priests sounds like the best idea to me. Can you do these before the battle begins?)

Edit: Depending on the armour of the runes, two single handed weapons or one double handed will do the most damage. I remeber running around with higher lvl parties with extra weapons to deal with special scenarios that require them. (I don’t think anything is immune to acid, if you got a hold of any of that)

Originally Posted By: Robsta
Posting for fun? Of coarse, isn't that what forums are for? (550 HP, Ouch, Hastes with your mages and blesses then wounds with your priests sounds like the best idea to me. Can you do these before the battle begins?)

He's using a singleton. If you haven't played the scenario, could you at least read the thread?

Also, acid in Exile counts as magical damage, so lots of things are immune to it.

No, I wasn't "posting for fun". I take everything at face value, assuming that any post is an honest question.

While some may have their "fun" with a post, I have to assume that the original question, or statement, is honest and valid.

I can accept, (ignore), someone having their "fun" for the sake of the innocence and honesty of the original question so long as it isn't unjust. There have been a few times that people who cared were there to help when I needed it.

One last comment; Although Alcritas makes some of his battles seem really difficult, it would appear to me that he has put some serious thought into who/what the monsters are and who/what the party is, and then fine-tunes the battles very well, indeed. This is just another reason why he has reached the level of recognition that he has.

As a mere amateur in this world of make-believe, I really appreciate the work that Authors of these scenarios have done.

me

Ahbleza, I think it is you that is mistaken, about a great many things *manical laughter*

Originally Posted By: Ahbleza
No, I wasn't "posting for fun". I take everything at face value, assuming that any post is an honest question.

Ah, but you are posting so that the question can be answered. The question should be answered so that Miramor can have fun while playing An Apology. Therefore your posts are for fun too. I also take the question seriously, and post for the greater fun of the community.

I believe that the primary purpose of BoE, its scenarios and its forums is to have fun.

I don't (often) post to make fun of, mislead, play mind tricks on or otherwise "have fun" at another person's expense.

Acid is magic? That seems strange, but I haven’t tested it. Not many of my chars have acid weapons.