If Party is Dead?

Soupsoul

So in Emulations there's a sequence where you fight Ramahl and if you die you are immediately ressurected.

So I thought I would use the idea. The party in my scenario pulls a lever, activating a timer that makes increasing waves of monsters to attack them until they die, in which case they are ressurected and the monsters are gone.

In theory. In practice the party just dies. I'm checking whether they're dead or not by giving everyone 1 Mage Lore and checking every turn to see if the party has at least 1 Mage Lore. If they don't, cue node sequence. Except that just doesn't fire. If I had to guess, I would say that the party dies before the timer is checked.

How do you do this? Does anyone have a node sequence to use?

What if every time a PC dies, an SDF upped by one. When it reaches 5, revive everyone and reset the SDF to zero.

Or every time a PC's health hits 0, their health will be brought back to full. This way the PC doesn't *actually* die.

Also: if you use Ormus's scenario editor, you could just Emulations and see what's going on.

Quote:

So I thought I would use the idea. The party in my scenario pulls a lever, activating a timer that makes increasing waves of monsters to attack them until they die, in which case they are ressurected and the monsters are gone.

Nephil's Gambit (a very old scenario) does something a bit like this... But everything is explained in a dialog box. The party members have to try the battle one at a time, and the battle happens in a dream.

So, I guess that your idea would require some "cheating" - an animation sequence or dialog boxes - in order to work.

(For example, after fighting for a while the party is killed with a node and then resurrected.)

Revenge by The Creator had some items with a special class that he gave to each party member (he counted the party members at the beginning of the scenario) and when they no longer had an item of that class, they were all dead and were automatically revived by a node that checked for an item of that class. I don't remember the specifics, but something along those lines happened.

Originally Posted By: Stuff after this goes here
Originally Posted By: Soupsoul
Is there any reason mage lore shouldn't be working?

Awwwww, it's not vital. I'll just give up.

I think it is because the PC is dead, but since the PC can be revived, the game has to remember that the aforementioned PC has Mage lore.

Or it's a bug.

No, the Mage Lore trick does work under some circumstances. Unfortunately, in this case it seems that the party is being registered as dead by the part of the engine that gives you a game-over if the party is dead before it's registered by the part that processes special nodes. BoE is pretty flaky at the best of times so I'd probably give up on this as a lost cause if nothing you tweak makes it work.