On node heavy towns

Robsta

Recently I’ve been playing around with moving walls, which it turns out are really node heavy. The result, I have to switch towns in the middle of a really short test (not necessary to beat the scenario). Do you all think this will detract from the quality of the test? (Or in general as a solution for node heavy towns)

I'm not sure what you're saying. You can only change towns when the party steps onto a special node or a terrain that calls a special. Also, real-time moving walls are impossible in BoE, as the game is 100% turn-based with no real-time elements. I've heard that there are moving walls in the Exile trilogy, but that capability was not included in BoE.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "test", so I can't tell whether it (whatever "it" is) will detract from the test's quality.

Yep, town timers with checks to see if it crushes the players. Look at the topic “Them rascally moving walls” at Calamity Refuge Forums for an in depth description of how I do it.

A test is a sort of a challenge for the party. “It” is switching towns in the middle of a test. Possible draw backs include a small message displayed telling the player that they have changed towns and a sudden loss of sight if magic map has been used.

And yes, E3 had a fairly impressive moving wall sequence. They were impressive because they also worked when you were in combat mode.