BIG PROBLUM

gamerman23

On a Mac the shortcut is apple-tab, not alt/option-tab. And in case it comes up, apple-` (that's the upper-left button on your keyboard, below escape) cycles through windows in one application.

—Alorael, who will warn that it doesn't always work. Some programs choose to disable switching to a different window.

Originally Posted By: Tomorrow is on Fire
On a Mac the shortcut is apple-tab, not alt/option-tab. And in case it comes up, apple-` (that's the upper-left button on your keyboard, below escape) cycles through windows in one application.

—Alorael, who will warn that it doesn't always work. Some programs choose to disable switching to a different window.

For the record, the apple key is more properly known as the command key. This is important to remember especially because the key in question no longer has an apple symbol on it on the current crop of Apple keyboards.

Wow. I've been using a keyboard with no apple sign and I didn't notice. I got myself into the habit of saying apple precisely because the keys weren't labeled "command," only with an apple and the mysterious "cloverleaf", and therefore many people never thought of it as the command key.

—Alorael, who will now go about retraining himself in the key's proper name. He'll also consider writing the key combinations as ⌘-something in the future.

Originally Posted By: Toby-Linn
So I wonder why Mac decided to use this ancient symbol on their command key?

It is also known as "the place of interest" sign, which I guess could explain why it was chosen as an important Mac key.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_key#The_.E2.8C.98.E2.80.99s_origin

—Alorael, who supposes he'll refrain from using the symbol now. Apparently it displays wrong, but of course the string that represents the symbol doesn't display as the symbol either.

Huh....thanks very much Alorael! (just noticed I spelt your name wrong in a previous post, sorry about that frown , will edit)

That brings up another question, how would you type a symbol that doesn't exist on any keyboards? I guess it would be like trying to type the windows logo.

Maybe there's a font like webdings or something that you can use.