Cold Storage

Master Silver

Hi you guys, I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm playing Singns and Portents. I got to the Cold Storage level and I'm completely stuck. How do I get out. I have controll keys 1 and 2, and I used fire barriers + quick fire to destroy generators. Any help you could give would be great.

Thanks in Advance,

Master Silver

Its a scenario with only text and frame animation (although no frame animation in S&P's case.) You don't fight or do anything in it, just watch and read.

Alright, I remember that sequence now, but not how to solve it. Fortunately TM does (or did about 4 years ago.) Here is his response to a question about cold storage over at the lyceum: "You can do one of two things. Either destroy all of the generators (they're monsters with lots of HP), get control key 4 and get the hell out, or get control key 5 and deactivate the generators. Either way, be brisk about it, or be frozen alive."

Hey I figured it out, thatnks for your help though. I neededto unlock and then open the chests, I forgot I could do that lol. By the way the fight with Cornell is super hard. I just beat it. Now I'm working on the next puzzle,does anyone know how to get rid of the swarms of bugs, hints would be great. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

To minimize the effect of the insects, go into 'Combat' Mode and cast, 'Major Haste'. Casting 'Protection' and/or using Invulnerability Potions will help, too.

Now send each Party Member into separate rooms. 'Take' the Gemstones and send everyone to the east, center room. You can't enter the room in the 'Combat' mode, so revert to the 'Normal' mode and enter the room. The Insects cannot enter that room.

Speak with the character there and you'll be able to continue. You won't be able to speak to the NPC at first, so, go back into the 'Combat' mode and cast, 'Charm Foe' on the NPC. He, (it), will tell you how to continue.

me

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome. School started and I all but gave up on it. I did try charme foe, but only after I had killed him a few times. Also I did go into combat mode it does save a lot of time. I even tried to use magic barriers and quick fire on the wells (it didn't work). That us the best way to kill the generators in the cold storage level if anyone wanted to know. P.S if you want an insanly hard fight try taking on Cornell an Raven with 4 fighters and a mage and priest with no op weapons (anything higher than demon slayer counts as op).

Thanks again,

Master Silver

well it doesn't take long to finish the scenario after you get out of there. Waiting for the converbelt to break makes things easier. But turned to stone. Are you kidding me? I didn't even get to join in the huge fight. It was an awsome fight scene though. Thanks again for all your help.

Master Silver