Changing PC's action points in battle

Xaiya

I'm not entirely sure that you mean a PC, but deduct_ap() both works on NPCs when called form inside their creature scripts and on PCs when called from the code of a custom item ability. As far as I know, there's no way to deduct AP from a PC during combat when it, say, steps in a certain location, or something like that.

Well, I decided to do something different.

Unfortunately, it is acting funky.

It keeps asking me if I want to use it, and only one of the control panels did something.

Click to reveal..
Code:
beginstate 11; reset_dialog(); add_dialog_str(0,"There is a control panel here, would you like to use it?",0); add_dialog_choice(0,"No."); add_dialog_choice(1,"Use control panel."); if ((get_flag(4,11) == 0) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ print_str_color("The northwest control panel glows.",3); play_sound(45); set_height(11,9,8); set_flag(4,11,1); } if ((get_flag(4,11) == 1) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ print_str("Nothing happens."); } if ((get_flag(4,11) == 2) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ print_str_color("The northwest control panel glows.",3); play_sound(45); set_height(11,9,7); set_flag(4,11,3); } if ((get_flag(4,11) == 3) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ print_str("Nothing happens."); } if ((get_flag(4,11) == 4) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ print_str_color("The northwest control panel glows.",3); play_sound(45); set_height(11,9,6); set_flag(4,11,5); } if ((get_flag(4,11) == 5) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ print_str("Nothing happens."); } else block_entry(1); break; beginstate 12; reset_dialog(); add_dialog_str(0,"There is a control panel here, would you like to use it?",0); add_dialog_choice(0,"No."); add_dialog_choice(1,"Use control panel."); if ((get_flag(4,11) == 0) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ print_str("Nothing happens."); } if ((get_flag(4,11) == 1) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)) { print_str_color("The southwest control panel glows.",3); set_flag(4,11,2); } if ((get_flag(4,11) == 2) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ print_str("Nothing happens."); } if ((get_flag(4,11) == 3) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ print_str_color("The southwest control panel glows.",3); set_flag(4,11,4); } if ((get_flag(4,11) == 4) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ print_str("Nothing happens."); } if ((get_flag(4,11) == 5) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ print_str("Nothing happens."); } else block_entry(1);   break; 

(The two control panels are in separate locations.)

Um, run_dialog() is a call that performs an action (running the parameters of whatever dialog you have set up), not a static call that returns a number. If you want to get what a player did with a dialog choice, have a variable get the value like so:

Code:
choice = run_dialog(1);

Note that choice can be replaced with any variable. Then, instead of:

Code:
if ((get_flag(4,11) == 1) && (run_dialog(1) == 2)){ 

You'd use:

Code:
if ((get_flag(4,11) == 1) && (choice == 2)){ 

If there proves to be something else wrong with the code, I couldn't find it. No offense, but when your coding style was mangled by UBB, it was like trying to read hieroglyphics.