Greetings

Myles Merritt

Hello all, I am new to the forum and a huge fan of the Exile series. I recently inherited a copy of Blades of Exile from a friend, who gave me a bag of old music and games he didn't want. I thought I'd create a scenario for you all to play.

I suppose my question is, do people still play Exile/make scenarios? Would it be worth my time? Exile was and still is a great game, and if the scenario making community is still large then it may well be worth my time looking into creating one of my own!

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, or gets asked frequently etc. and thanks for your time.

Hi, and welcome to the community here at Spiderweb. I hope you followed the code of Conduct and left your sanity at the door!

Any way, ever since Jeff released the source code for Blades of Exile, people have been tinkering with it, but I don't know how many people are still doing it, because Blades of Avernum came out.

However, I'm sure some people here will be able to provide you with a link to the sites that still play around with it.

Oh, and i never got Blades, but I do still play the Exiles frequently.

I am still a strong fan of BoE and am writing a largish scenario for it called The Quest of the Missing Quill.

As for popular support for BoE … in the Calamity Refuge Forums (a new forum that currently has 13 members) there is a poll for which is better, BoA or BoE, and currently BoE is winning 5 to 3. Also in that forum, the BoE forum has more topics and more replies than the BoA forum. So I believe yes, BoE is still strong.

Ps. Please join the Calamity Refuge Forums located here.

Welcome to the forums.I have finished one terrible mockery of a scenario but have two, hopefully better, scenarios on the way. And it would definitely be worth your time to make a scenario. There's still plenty of BoEers left to play it. I hope you enjoy your say in the realm of Spidweb BoardDom.

Originally Posted By: CM
There are also a few people (such as Bain-Ihrno, I believe) who prefer BoE to BoA.
I'm one of those. tongue