Need Graphic

Nicothodes

Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith
(remember to "save as" + "bmp format.")
...Not from the browser, surely? If you just change the file extension, it doesn't actually change the file type.

EDIT: Since when don't images work! mad
Since the forum upgrade, apparently.

You want it more specific? Use the image link, right click on the picture (or the Mac equivalent) click "save as," and change the "save as type" to "BMP." PNGs use less memory but BoA requires BMPs in 256 color format. Since you can't make a lot of variation on 256 colors I like to use the sheets that the creatures from the game are drawn on because they somehow changed the color ranges. For instance, I was able to draw Mr. Frosty because I used the Witch Graphic which had all the colors I needed. Either way, this will keep the quality versus copying and pasting which may sometimes work but it doesn't always.

My point was that doing that will still save it as a PNG, even though it has the BMP extension (though it may be that Internet Explorer does have the ability to convert images – Firefox doesn't). You need to actually open it in an image program (I think Paint will work, but I'm not sure) to convert it to a different format.

BoA requires BMPs in 256 color format.

16-bit or 32-bit BMPs work as well. Additionally, there's a program called FastStone Image Viewer that will allow you save a 16-bit image as a 256 with a custom pallete (though if more than 256 colors are used in the image, the color will be degraded).

I imagine there's a similar program for Mac and/or Linux users as well.