Torment and levels

When playing on Torment, is the difference just that your enemies are at higher levels (thus doing more damage and being harder to kill)? If so, does that mean you get proportionally more experience?

I just finished the game on Normal with a singleton celt and ended up at level 29. I'm wondering how high it is possible to get--assuming you survive, of course.

More experience would make your characters higher level, which would make the game less challenging. And it would make changing difficulty in the middle very odd: turning it up would make things ridiculously hard for your now underleveled party, and turning it down would make it absurdly easy.

—Alorael, who notes that Realmz pretty much used exactly this system. It was fun to abuse, and that's about the nicest thing that can be said for it.

Ah. Thank you. True, I didn't kill the Raven or anyone else gratuitously except Raptrakos. I did kill the Selkies, though, because I wanted those spell levels. It's true that the character was almost ridiculously powerful by the end. Annwn was easy, mainly because most of the undead were accompanied by netherbeasts, who were quite amenable to charming. I would have to disagree about potion making--I think it's worthwhile for this character for energy elixirs alone, but next time I would try to hoard as many ingredients as possible until after I have Sylak's efficient mortar.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Annwn was simple for my Roman singleton and he didn't have all those nifty spells.

Raven and Reptrakos are easier for the Celts since they can summon Wind Warriors.

As long as you aren't playing on Torment, the entire game is simple for a Roman singleton. :p