Beast circle for one of my frontliner Celts

I've noticed that having the initiative is quite important in Torment mode for Spiderweb games, more so than in games like Fallout. Often when I want to cast 'charm beast', my druids react too slowly. By the time it's there move, bam, too late. My frontliners are gryphon snacks.

I could raise their Dex, but that seems rather wasteful, when I can simply give one of my frontliners a few in beast circle. That would also make the beast summoning spells more useful, as the summons would appear in front of my characters, instead of behind them.

Good idea? Or bad idea?

It depends since beast circle requires that you have levels in healing and battle circle too. Skill point wise it might be cheaper to just give a druid more dexterity or fast on feet as a trait. There are a few scrolls that will do charm beast plus Sylak's pen.

You can have beast circle bracelet for a few levels so it might work.

Summon creature position is in relation to the party and the terrain so there is no guarantee that the creature will be where you want it.