Spiral crypt puzzle in ZKR

A while ago I finally started playing BoA, after finishing the demo a couple years ago. I went back through VoDT and it was still pretty good, and ASR was quite interesting. I never found out what that one lone fugitive in the SW of the island was all about, but checking the scripts showed nothing interesting, so I figure he was just local color.

ZKR was also fine, though a bit weird, up to a point. But that point is the bizarre sparkly acid zombie festival in the spiral crypt.

No doubt it's a clever puzzle and all, but it's really badly implemented as a game puzzle, because it's extremely annoying to wander through the place, fighting acid at every keymaster and an endless host of singleton zombies in every one of the tiny little rooms. From the walkthrough I get the idea that the puzzle has something to do with colors, but I have bad color vision, and I cannot see any differences between the effects in any of the various keymaster rooms.

Still my problem isn't so much that I can't solve this puzzle, as that I don't want to solve this puzzle. It is apparently just going to be some combination of walking here before walking there, and the prospect of blundering around to find the right combination with a stupid zombie battle at every step is not really drawing me in. Since I hit this spot, I haven't opened BoA for many weeks.

So I would appreciate a brutally explicit, shortest possible solution.

If I've understood your problem right: all you need to do is defeat the keymaster in all four rooms, and collect the key from him once he's dead. Alternatively, go to all the empty keymaster rooms first and smash the crystals in the corners, then you'll only have to fight him once.

The color thing might be an accidental copy-paste from the BoE walkthrough, describing the puzzle where you got textual messages describing specks of light following you around as you stepped on various runes. I haven't played the BoA version, but there's no Keymaster in the BoE version, so that's what I assume happened.