Easter Eggs in Avernum (spoilers?)

Okay, so I've found the easter eggs in A2 and A3...

A2 is a portal code you find down a secret passage in the Abyss that brings you to a strange town, and A3 is when you put pants on a rune and step on another rune in Rentar Ihrno's keep and get sent to a strange smiley face area. Or maybe they're the other way around....

Does anyone know where the easter egg is in A1? Also, were there any for A4 and A5?

A1 doesn't have a major easter egg like the next two installments. The only A4 easter eggs I know of are the face-leaping spider mentions and a certain hidden string about certain inappropriate drones.

—Alorael, who also recommends searching A3's strings for Anaximander's special reward for service.

I'm not sure how to check strings on Windows. On a Mac with Clasic I used ResEdit. Now I suppose one would have to either use ResKnife (or equivalent) or some form of Classic emulation.

—Alorael, who doesn't really think the face-leaping spider is an easter egg. The spiders are mentioned in-game, but humorously. A4's drones can be found by viewing scripts, but now I can't find the script with the drones in it.

You have to talk to a series of people in Lorelei, starting with the innkeeper, until someone tells you to find Foxfire.

—Alorael, who supposes the Monastery of Madness counts as an easter egg. Does the VoDT room with the sign that tells you you shouldn't be able to read the sign count as well?

How about a Monastery of Madness walkthrough with pictures of the maps?

—Alorael, who hasn't ever heard of the Monastery of Madness as any kind of in-joke. While Miscellaneous could have been called that, it never was. The only questions that really get fake responses are any questions about Xian items.

Now I remember it, Once I read about the "Anvil Throwing Room" it all came back. I was wrong about the monastery being a joke, But I do remember back when the miscellaneous forum was shut down there were all sorts of jokes, Like giant killer rats and such.

Yes, I was on these forums back then but I have lost the password to that account, it has probably been deleted anyway.