Frostbite / Pre-Fab Party Help

Toby-Linn

Okay, so let me start out with a little back story....about two years ago I had started playing Blades of Avernum. Created my party, played through Valley of Dying Things and a couple of other scenarios so my party was about level 20s or so.

So I select the Frostbite Scenario next, and don't really realize what it's about to do. Basically all my party members were gone and I had one custom NPC. Played a little bit, did some fighting then I saved. After a bit I realized I didn't know how to get my party back.

So needless to say my party was gone forever and after I had realized this I was pretty pissed off. Of course this wasn't Lazarus' fault, I hope I'm not implying it was. I was just being stupid and new to Blades of Avernum.

But I did enjoy the Frostbite scenario and would like to play it again. However, how do I go about this without losing my custom party again?

Do I create a new game instead of loading the saved game? Are there any other scenarios which I have to watch out for which could make me lose my party?

Play the scenario and save under a new name once you're in there, so as not to lose the party you go in with. Since there's a custom singleton it doesn't really matter what sort of party enters the scenario.

If you want to get a level 20ish party back, you can make a new party and then run it through the High Level Party Maker (- a utility scenario that will raise a level 1 party to whatever level you like), which you can download here.

I don't see why it wasn't scripted so that the party was put back together.

Also, I use multiple saves.

One of the saves is always for when I am not in a scenario.

Another of the saves is the "main" one for being in a scenario.

The rest of them are there in case it turns out that I got my party into a situation in which there is no return.