hidden rooms in a-3

The doorless room in New Cotra is opened by fulfilling quest parts. During your search for the cause of the plagues, you gain clues. After so many, you are allowed into that room, where you can discuss your intentions and have a weapon made to combat the enemy.

The SE corner is the same, revealed at a certain time.

Not sure about Erika's tower though.

Yeah, but you also have to do the slime quest so that they actually let you go up to the Tower of Magi.

Anyways, I'm not playing Avernum 3 currently, I'm playing Avernum 4 now. My challenge was to anyone who's currently playing Avernum 3 smile

Though, I will definitely try it when I play Avernum 3 again.

Originally Posted By: Toby-Linn

Anyways, I propose an experiment! Who'll volunteer? I don't have any saved games that are close to day 160 frown

I played Exile III past day 160. You start getting these weird messages, and then a voice calls you to the Tower of Magi. The place gets ravaged by demons, due to one of Linda's experiments. You have to meet with one of the triad mages in the room that's usually blocked. You then have to find Linda, the source of the experiment, who you kill with a special knife.

I'm surprised I remember that much, as I haven't played Exile III in years. I'm assuming the same thing happens in Avernum 3, but I never took that long to finish it.

Yes, the same thing happens in A3, and the effects are seen in the Tower Colony in A4. But you missed the question. It's not what happens that late in the game, it's what happens if you hit the point in the game where the ToM disaster strikes while sitting around sipping cave slime juleps in the Tower.

—Alorael, who would like to think that you die suddenly and inexplicably. Jeff usually isn't quite that mean, though. Not quite.

i did it! for a full story, pm me, but in a nutshell, nothing happend. i had too leave, even when io waited to day 161 inside the tower, and i had to talk to anaxamnder(?) or salamander, or what ever his name is. its actually an interesting story when told in full. does anyone know where i can find carrie in the tower when the demons hit?

One of the things about Exile, compared with Avernum, was that your health and spell points didn't come back automatically, so you needed to rest outdoors. Depending how much resting you did, this advanced the day counter substantially.

Also, food didn't count towards your weight limit so again this made resting more attractive.

There's a ghost who does something useful, possibly having to do with Move Mountains, and Carrie, who as I recall just pines for Bernard and actually has no quest or special information.

—Alorael, who hasn't played through the ToM disaster in quite a while. He could be a bit confused. Apocalyptic destruction can do that.