Tabard Inn graphics

Skomer

Sorry to perpetuate discussion, I know this ought to be quite simple. (I have read the other thread about this.)

I've just begun playing Tales from the Tabard Inn, I'm a mac user, and I've read the readme. The custom appearance graphics are showing up fine and I can switch between them as directed, but not the portrait graphics. They only appear when I'm talking to one of the characters (eg when I'm the bard talking to the priestess, the priestess portrait graphic will appear next to her).

What do I need to do to make the portrait graphics show up? Cheers.

You can select the portrait for your PC from the same screen where you select the appearance graphic (It's the box on the right). You probably didn't realise this because your portrait is blank right now and you didn't realise what that box is for.

If that's not the issue, and the graphics aren't showing up when you scroll through the available portraits, then for some reason the portrait sheet in the CMG didn't work right. The portraits are in G904, copy them manually from the scenario file to the "Game Graphics" folder in the data folder.

Wow, quick response.

Yep, I got that you change the appearance and portrait graphics in the same place. The appearance graphics aren't showing up, like you suggested.

Originally Posted By: Lazarus.
The portraits are in G904, copy them manually from the scenario file to the "Game Graphics" folder in the data folder.

The portraits in G904 don't include the custom ones shown in the readme. Is that how it is supposed to be? Also, the Original Graphics folder was a zip file when I downloaded the game; none of the inventory area graphics (not even the original BoA ones) would show up at all until I went digging and unzipped the file.

I copied the custom portrait gif files into the Game Graphics folder but no joy so far...

That zip file just has default graphics, it's for windows users to restore the originals after they mess them up with the custom ones. You can just ignore it.

You'll find the G904 that i'm talking about in the CMG file, along with the other custom graphics. I'm not really sure how these things work on Mac, but I assume you can just open it up and see the graphics in it.

Edit: This is what you're looking for. If you can't find it in the CMG, just copy this into the data file like I told you earlier.

OK, the G904 that you showed me is nowhere to be found in the scenario files. These are the files I can see.

The "Game Graphics" file you told me to copy G904 into wasn't even accessible until I had unzipped the "Original Graphics" file.

Even after copying your new G904 into the Game Graphics file, the new graphics still aren't showing up I'm afraid...

CM: Thanks, I did eventually figure this out and found the G904 Lazarus was talking about. It wouldn't paste however so I didn't quite get there.

Lazarus: Also thanks. I've finished the scenario now and the graphics didn't bother me, would just have been nice to sort it if there was a quick fix. Good scenario so thanks again, keep them coming!