Arrows, cloaks, rings, and pathfinder in Av 1.

Hello everyone,

I've played through the Trilogy a couple of times now, and I'm intending to do it all again, once the Uni semester is over. I've some questions that I've always wondered about, so hopefully someone can provide the answers. Thanks in advance!

Do the exotic arrows function as they should? When using bolts of life, acid bolts, arrows of light etc, they never seemed to have the effect that they're supposed to. The acid arrows never caused acid damage, demons/undead never took extra damage from arrows of light/bolts of life. Is this an Av 1 problem?

Do the archers cloak, archer's ring etc, affect damage? Or only the hit percentage.

Has anyone ever found where to purchase pathfinder? The hint book says Fort Dranlon, but I've never, ever found it.

And just for interests sake, is there any reason why Melee damage is capped at 99(?) whilst spells seem to have no such limit. (Fireblast is a good example).

Thanks once again.

Eye patch? No, but I do wear glasses (I'm a little nearsighted). And when my previous post is read correctly, it's really my other eye that's deaf, not the ear. wink

The "blind in one eye, deaf in the other" thing originated from a slip of the tongue I did about 8 or 9 years ago now, before I even knew these boards existed. The actual phrase I had meant to say as the time was something like, "blind in one eye, can't see out the other," and it came out, "blind in one eye, can't hear with the other." Since then, it's become a kind of running gag whenever I or someone I know is looking for something, and it turns out to be right in front of them.