How to release a scenario?

Robsta

Since BoE seems to have left Jeff’s hands, I was wondering how to release a new scenario nowadays.

(It may take a long time for mine to even get to beta testing; I’ve a few towns to fill up yet. Does anyone have ideas of how to make the rest of a town, the part that does not pertain to one’s quest?)

As a side note, does anyone know how random item shops work? According to the scenario editor, the “Special Item Shop” seems to explain what the dialogue menu calls the “Magic Shop”. This will sell items from one of five lists, 0-4, but I can see nowhere which items (or item #’s) are on each list.

I want to be able to have random item shops, but there are a few items that I defiantly wouldn’t want to be sold in them (say the auto win the scenario item). Any have a clue?

Edit: added side note

You can release it, for example, at The Blades Forge, or at Alexandria. (Of course, if you can have your own web page for that purpose, it's very handy to release it there at first.)

Originally Posted By: Robsta
Does anyone have ideas of how to make the rest of a town, the part that does not pertain to one’s quest?

This page might help.

there are a few items that I defiantly wouldn’t want to be sold in them (say the auto win the scenario item). Any have a clue?

Items that have a treasure class 0 won't appear in random shops (and they won't be dropped by monsters).

Guest Anonymous

Thanks. (I think I saw Brett's page before, but it was a while ago and I didn't have a way to find it again.) Will I have to get an account to submit scenarios to the Blades Forge?

Originally Posted By: Milu
there are a few items that I defiantly wouldn’t want to be sold in them (say the auto win the scenario item). Any have a clue?

Items that have a treasure class 0 won't appear in random shops (and they won't be dropped by monsters).
I thought each random shop sold items of a specific treasure class, so shop 0 sells treasure class 0, shop 1 sells treasure class 1, etc. Is that not right?

Thanks. (I think I saw Brett's page before, but it was a while ago and I didn't have a way to find it again.) Will I have to get an account to submit scenarios to the Blades Forge?
Yes, you do.

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
Originally Posted By: Milu

I thought each random shop sold items of a specific treasure class, so shop 0 sells treasure class 0, shop 1 sells treasure class 1, etc. Is that not right?

I don’t think so. After the post yesterday, I checked a shop (that was supposedly a shop 4) and it predominantly sold treasure class 1 items (4 or 5 of seven items I checked) of the others only one or two were of treasure class 4. I remain baffled.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I might take you up on that offer, but as I said, it will still take me a while to finish the scenario.

I have 27 towns, of which only 20 are “complete” and three nearly complete. The other four need some major renovations (like the addition of buildings, people, and town stuff like that). I also work somewhat slowly, right now I’m in exams so I don’t expect to work on it again until Saturday.