A good Avernum RP site?

We had a faction-based one a while back, but it died shortly before the forums went down for the upgrade. As for now, I'd hold off on any RPs. Legends of Divinity is going to be starting up again soon, and, in my experience, running more than one RP at a time will usually result in both/all RPs dying.

In all fairness, the long intervals happened near the end of its life.

Also, I'm not judging successfulness here based solely on length. If that was the case, the Vale RP was a raging success, and the Avernum RP revival was the biggest thing since sliced bread. And at any rate, Halfway Inn was considerably more successful than ILHL and The Assassins.

Look, if somebody has a GOOD idea for an RP, one that people are willing to spend an hour or so of their time on, instead of other things the could be doing (such as studying, for instance), it'll work no matter where it is.

EDIT: Palindromic post count!

• 7 months later...

*bump*

Okay, anybody know/have suggestions on how I would go about organizing an RP here? I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what to do in this context, or what style of play people are used to around here. So, I've got some questions before I get started:

Do we use character sheets?

Do we use stats, skillpoints, EXP, and/or levels?

Do we use HP/SP?

Do we just do it freeform like it was a book?

Do we use a referee system?

How do we deal with battles?

Is there one DM who guides the story or is it more-or-less driven completely by the players, or is it something in between?

What kinds of characters would ya'll be interested in playing, and what would motivate them? (this one is to help me come up with a plot)

Previous RPs have been freeform with no DM or referee, and they've usually been run in the General forum. Also they usually die after a few months when a couple of plot-critical people suddenly get busy and then it falls off everyone's radar. Of course, if you want to try something new that you think will work better, there's nobody stopping you.