Help! Prime servant battle (spoilers)

NickLemming

I'm in the workshop, facing the prime servant and its minions, but I keep getting killed. I've tried killing the minions one at a time, but that doesn't work, as they don't die; I've once managed to get all 4 of them on my side, but they don't stay that way for long, and the little damage they do to the prime servitor doesn't seem to be much, or to last for long. Any advice that you can give me? Do I need higher levels of nature lore or whatever it's called?

Hi Folks

If you are talking about the Prime Servant in Solberg's lands then I suggest that you use Assault Crystals. They give you the ability to deal damage back to whoever attacks you by growing spines all over your body. It will take 2-4 assault crystals to succeed, but succeed you will. Once the main guy dies his minions will die too. It took me awhile to figure this out but it works.

Cheers!

IndyFan

You need a nature lore of 5 as the total for the party to get damaged servant to come over to your side. Once you damage them enough they will fight the Prime Sentinel. Then retreat to a corner and stay healed up. Whenever the Prime regains control you have to attack those traitors (they will appear as red on the automap) to get them back on your side.

To "speed" up the fight, an occasional shield breaker attack on the Prime with a bow shot gives you something to do. Don't close with the damaged servants until they are totally destroyed and then go loot.

If you put a character in the very corner, then it shouldn't take damage from the area effect. Jeff expanded it after I used to stand in the south doorway to wait out the fight.

I had a lot of trouble with this event as well, after a half dozen attempts I settled on this strategy:

Clearly I was as buffed as possible, and I started the event. As soon as I got a servant to turn on the Prime Sentinel, I just kept making sure that someone in my party damaged it again before the round was over. You can't ever destroy the servants before the Sentinel dies, but they never healed to full when flipped back to the Sentinels control, because at the end of every round they were always hostile to me. Sometimes they attacked each other, and sometimes they hit the Prime Sentinel, but eventually he was whittled down after something like thirty or more rounds.

I found I had to keep my melee fellow close to the Prime to try and keep/lure the servants in that area and kept my casters/archer spread out as to try and avoid splash from his lightening spray.

I just did this fight last night, and it was huge pain in the arse. However, I discovered something that might work for others in the future.

It's true that the Prime Sentinel has a shield to protect him from attacks from your party...but I found out that, at least on Normal, that doesn't apply to summoned monsters.

My mage summoned a wight and a hellbeast, and at various points they both attacked - and damaged - the Prime Sentinel. In fact, my wight took out 1/4 of his health at the end to seal the victory. My summoned monsters did more damage then the unstable servants.

Don't know if this is supposed to happen or I got corrupted data again, but if its not a bug, its definitely a way to make that fight go easier.

I won the battle by making rather extensive use of Group Heal - on the sentinels.

Just struck me as an entirely apposite way of dealing with the battle. Sing it with me...

"Everything you know is wrong

Black is white, up is down and short is long

And everything you thought was just so

Important doesn't matter"

I waxed the prime servant by pounding on the servants so that they turned against the prime servant. He'll keep beating them with energy to force them back to his side, which then cures them of all injury.

I liked using a mage to hit the ones that were loyal to him on any rough with a Lightning strike, which then also damaged any others that were loyal.

It was great to see the servants I turned to my side gradually pound the prime servant into powder.

I also used my fighters to beat on the servants too and a priest to fix everybody.