Lysstak lift bug

pstinchcombe

So before I went in to fight Lysstak, I went down where the sliths are; but when I tried to leave to go back to town and heal up, the lift's in the down position again. Since there's no "holy crap! tricksy bastards!" dialog box, I assume this isn't supposed to happen. In old avernums there was a "pull out of town" option -- does that not exist in this one? (I guess it can't, 'cause there's not really a town/outdoors dichotomy in the way there was in the others.) What can I do? I'm not in nearly good enough shape to go up and fight the bandits now, and the door to the Harkin's landing bar is closed off too.

Quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:
The other gate leads to a closed room in the Three Tunnels Mine claim.
I think this is either a bug or an oversight.

The secret door automatically closes if you move to far from it, and it can only be opened from the outside.

I think Jeff should include a switch on the inside too.

I would like to point out that a small bit into Lysstak's fortress there's a secret door that lets you out into the world. You have to fight your way onto the first platform where the archers initially "greet" you. There's some more fighting to the west after that, including some slimes, but it's a bone fide exit that doesn't depend on secret doors staying open, having 20 TU, etc.