Hraithe Lord - defeatable?

Venom

Is the Hraithe Lord even possible to defeat without a god party? I got past him and grabbed the special crystals, which then proceeded to vanish quickly. I even stood on the four runes at the back and did everything I could to beef up my party prior to the encounter, but he still wastes me.

Slow didn't affect him, and my guys barely lasted half a dozen rounds against his insane magical blasts.

Yes it possible to defeat him even on torment without abusing the character editor. The crystals get used up once a round.

Some ideas that seem to work. Buff everything before starting the fight. Armor up the highest health party member with all the energy resistance items and use him to pin the Hraithe Lord away from everyone else. The Hraithe Lord is an AP drainer so he will eventually go after the rest so be prepared to move around. Heal up that one fighter so he can at least get an attack and keep the Hraithe Lord away. Use divine restoration before the fight to help him regenerate and arcane shield or some assault crystal so the Hraithe Lord can hurt himself on the spines.

Just pile on the damage starting with a shieldbreaker attack. Repel spirit and most other high attack spells will eventually take him down. Plan on at least 6 to 10 rounds of hasted attacks. This is a good time for that nephil archer to use up fine lances and other nifty missle weapons.

Quote:
Some ideas that seem to work. Buff everything before starting the fight. Armor up the highest health party member with all the energy resistance items and use him to pin the Hraithe Lord away from everyone else.
This is what I did, and it wasn't hard -- I didn't even need the crystals. I just had everybody else stand back and spam Repel Spirit while occasionally keeping the fighter from dying.