Moref the shade

JP

Depending upon the difficulty level it takes between 4 to 6 times destroying the servant that Moref is actually in when they die. This is a rough guess since I usually don't keep track. I have trouble seeing that spot of light marking the right one so it's mass killing which I really hate.

Thank you, I hope I will be able to see the spot of light. Maybe I will do this part in easy mode, I hate this but this fight really piss me of, I need to know what I have to do and to see whether I am making progress.

Are servants created at a fixed rate or do they try to maintain a fixed number, in other words: may I get overhelmed if I don't kill them fast enough?

There is a maximum number of 7 stone servants (if my memory serves me well) at any time.

I found I could never see that light around the servant inhabited by Moref. So instead of targeting one servant, I brought them all close to destruction, and tried to destroy them all within one round. That meant making sure all characters had perfect health (because of the explosions of the servants) and the priest’s turn was taken with healing. So only the 3 others were actually attacking the servants.

Haste, augmentation, shields, steel skin. And patience.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for your information. I finaly got it. I didn't like the fight. It was especialy frustrating when you get killed by moref after making it appear and had to do it again from the beginning.

There is an area with a couple of bodies down a ledge in the south east of the cave. Can you get there? (and how?)Or is it just here for teasing?

• 4 years later...

I'm doing this right now and having a hard time with it. I've looked and looked but I can't see any sort of "flash" or "sparkle" or anything marking which shade Moref is supposed to be in at any given time.

Does anyone know what this is supposed to look like and when it's supposed to appear? I've had all the servants on screen at one time at the beginning of the round (which is when it's supposed to appear, right?), but I still can't see anything. It also doesn't help that the room is bigger than the screen, so at any given time "x" number of servants will be off the screen.

EDIT: Also, do you get a message every time you kill a servant with moref in it? I've been killing slews of them round after round, but I only usually get a message the first time. It's hard to gauge if I am doing things right or not if I don't know whether I'm actually killing the right ones or not.

You do get a message when you damage the right one, but as to seeing the flash it is very quick and it helps to have the servants clump together. I only saw it playing a singleton game so the rest of the time I use area effect spells to just remove as many as I can each round.