Running Mac programs on a PC.

ahninjas

Does anybody know of a decent Mac emulator (or anything else that will run Mac apps) for Windows? I can't wait until the fall to play Geneforge 2. I NEED to play this game ASAP.

By the way, I'm not looking to turn this into an OS war or anything. If your just going to reply "WINDOWS SUX!1111" or "jsut buy aMAc stoopid!!1", then don't bother.

You won't find any emulators for MacOS on Windows.

They simply don't exist. Any even if in some years

something pops up, it won't be very fast....

Better consider switching wink

We have a Virtual PC....and it works fine for DOS games and even Win95/98, except for 3D games... smile

rgds

Abraxx

The demo is all I'm interested in. I'll register it when it comes to Windows.

And I'm not switching. I'm not an anti-Mac whore, but Windows is simply better. Why? More people use it. I've used a Mac before. I liked it. It was a very smooth OS. The GUI was light years ahead of Windows. But I will never buy one unless they become the standard. I already have enough compatibility issues with my out dated hardware. I don't need additional ones by having a totally different file system.

By the way, thank you for the intelligent replies. I posted this on another forum and all I got was bull.

There are Mac-emulators.

For infos see: www.macwindows.com/emulator.html

e.g.

- Basilisk II

Host Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT, BeOS 4, Amiga, and UNIX

Description: From one of the creators of SheepShaver (see below), an open source 68000 Mac emulator for Windows 95/98/NT, BeOS, Amiga, and UNIX. Emulates either a Mac Classic (which runs Mac OS 0.x thru 7.5) or a Mac II series machine (which runs MacOS 7.x, 8.0 and 8.1), depending on the ROM being used. Supports sound output, color display, 1.44 MB floppies, CD-ROM, Ethernet, SCSI. Emulates extended ADB keyboard and 3-button mouse. Can exchange files with the PC operating system using a "Host Directory Tree" icon on the Mac desktop.

- Mac-on-Linux

Host Operating Systems: LinuxPPC (PPC hardware needed!)

Description: An open source Macintosh emulator that runs on top of LinuxPPC. It runs on Macintosh hardware, so the processor is NOT emulated. It can boot Mac OS 8.6-to-9.2 within Linux without a ROM image.

Sorry, I haven't used any of theese myself (I have Macs and PCs). But I believe there are people using an emulator (Basilisk?) to run EV games (Escape Velocity) on a PC. So give the Spiderweb games a try.

Theron