Plea for help with installation problem

Master Shake

Help! I cannot play spidweb games, because I cannot install them onto my computer. I posted on this problem a few months ago , and we all thought it was download problems; however, I have since gotten the CD-rom versions of Avernums 1 and 3, and I cannot install off of them either.

When I click on the "Install Avernum 3" link, a box appears that says "Initializing Setup," but from this point a number of errors occur. Among them:

-- c:\windows\TEMP\irsetup.exe, Unable to open output file, Could not extract support files - setup will abort;

-- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, Runtime Error!, Program C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IRSETUP.EXE, abnormal program termination;

-- Problem with the file <windows/temp/suf5lng.0>

And so on. Anyone know why this happens and what I could do to fix it? I do not have my systems disks for Windows 98, and the Windows Update website refuses to work for me, so those options are not available right now. Any advice would be much appreciated.