Registering (not quite a technical question)

Erika Maroonmark

OK, this isn't exactly a tech support question, but I don't think it really fits under any other category. I'm 16 years old, a fan of Exile (and, more recently, nearly everything else ^_^) for 7 years, and I want to register at least something. (I've wanted to meet the awesome-sounding Erika for ages– I love you A3!!) However, I don't think my parents would buy me registration codes for computer games, because of the whole "computers waste your time" thing. I haven't got a credit card, which rules out the whole email thing; I could probably come up with $25 at some point from playing a gig or babysitting, which happen pretty infrequently, but existently. I know you can send checks, but I don't have a checking account, only savings. Anyway, is there a way to register Exile without my parents being uber-involved (because if it's up to them, at any point that something depends on them, even if they agreed to it in the first place, they could change their minds and say no)? If not, what way to register would require the *least* involvement from my parents? (Or am I just doomed to wait until college or whenever I can obtain a credit card? XD) I'd also be interested to hear from other teenagers who are/were in the same situation. ^_^

Teenagers under 18, while unable to get credit cards, can open a checking account at a bank and get a debit card that can be used in place of a credit card. That's what I did when I was a teen anyway. Heh, listen to me, I've only been 20 for a month, and I'm already talking about my teenage years as ancient history. rolleyes

I got all the Avernum games through money order. I'm assuming you can withdraw cash from a bank, change money into American currency, and buy a stamp without your parents being involved. I think the way it works is that JV sends you an e-mail with the codes. I don't know; I chose to get the games on CDs.

--------------------

Quote:
A C, an E flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.

Ambrin runs up to them and says, "Hey, look! It's the Triad!"

Kelner snorts and says "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."

Where would we be without puns?

Quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:
Quote:
A C, an E flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin runs up to them and says, "Hey, look! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Where would we be without puns?
And here I thought that we had seen the last of the puns with Thuryl's absense. tongue

about the registration codes.

when you recieve them, do they ever like have an Expiry Date coz im gonna register Exile 3 sometime soon and i have a straaange feeling ima gonna need to re-format my PC coz its bein a biznotch.

ive played the demo to Exile 3 too many times lol its getting annoying that those mystical barriers stopping me going to interesting places.

im new here if ya didnt notice tongue

im glad to see im not the only person who likes these games (all my mates think im weird confused )

Quote:
Originally written by W@r_PsychoHippy:
when you recieve them, do they ever like have an Expiry Date coz im gonna register Exile 3 sometime soon and i have a straaange feeling ima gonna need to re-format my PC coz its bein a biznotch.

ive played the demo to Exile 3 too many times lol its getting annoying that those mystical barriers stopping me going to interesting places.

im glad to see im not the only person who likes these games (all my mates think im weird confused )
If you reformat your computer, all you have to do is email Jeff, give him the details you registered under (name, address), and give him the new code. He'll send you an email. Or you could jst back up Exile 3 on a disk and copy it back to your system after reformatting it.

But if you've registered with Jeff properly, you can keep on asking him for a new code whenever your computer dies for some reason or another.

BTW, Exile 3's a great game. Was my first one that I actually registered. Then I got hooked on Avernum (after I decided I liked the new engine).

- Archmagus Micael

EDIT: In your case, Codes (don't forget the editor's code also).

Quote:

Please learn how to spell correctly. Many more people will respect you if you do.

Quote:
its called abreviations and internet speak incase ya didnt know
[Edit: Kelandon beat me to it.]

Dikiyoba believes that constant mispellings, excessive abbreviation, and "Internet speak" provokes the fluffy turtles into a feeding frenzy. On that note, welcome to Spiderweb Software. Leave your sanity at the door.

Let's be honest. We don't frown on internet-speak. We practically use it as a form of profiling. Posting while less than literate is considered grounds for immediate examination for other criminal activity. No matter what you say, everyone will assume you're not saying anything worth reading because you didn't write it properly.

—Alorael, who considers it partly a matter of courtesy and respect and partly one of those crazy knee-jerk community things. Spiderweb likes its proper writing.