Hint book - worth buying?

Been playing GF3 a lot lately and have managed to work out some of the quests on my own. Obviously there's plenty of potential here for replayability, so I was wondering if the hint book is worth buying to peruse through after finishing the game to catch all the stuff I missed?

I've never opted for a hint book with any of the Spidweb games. Are they complete walkthrough guides? Or do they only give you vague clues for certain problem areas? I appreciate any insight! smile

The hintbook will tell you everything you could possibly want to know. It's up to you whether that is worthwile or not. For example, I would have never gotten into the ancient temple in GF1 except for the hintbook, but I don't think there are any such areas in GF3 that require that level of coordination (i.e. going to each dry waste in counterclockwise order, touching the pylons, yada, yaad, yada...).

I get all the Hint books, but that's just me being anal retentive.

They are alright. But sooner or later there'll be a Walkthrough for Geneforge 3, and you can always come to the boards and ask your questions.

So, if you have better uses for the 7 bucks or so that it costs, don't bother.