What do YOU want to see in G4?

What do I want?

More realistic weights for items: Like 0.9 Kilograms and so on. (The use of the metric system would be cool as well)

A character Editor wouldn't hurt too, but puting some restrictions on editing your character would be a good idea so that they don't become to powerful.

-- Diarog Lethuta

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the weight system, but using the metric system would be really hard for jeff to do, a character editor would be nice but I've never thought of a character editor once when playing either of the 3 games, so there isn't much use, having a locker in which you store stuff is kewl thats an aewsome idea, something I just thought up now is why not have a "movie" but in geneforge fight sequence of shapers versus rebels or something, or a buch of humans got mad and challenged a shaper and his creations etc.

Yeah, I think that the weight system should be done away with, or modified to be a armor restriction thing or something - it's just more of a pain than its worth. I mean, why would anyone carry their backpack full of junk during a fight?? Also, there needs to be a weapon switch button :p

Here goes some thoughts on equipment.

1) There is no agent weapon. A spell sword would be neat -- increases spellcraft +1 and battle magic +1 but does very little damage 2-20. Blade of defense +1 blessing magic +2 parry.

2) Our companions should have the ability to buy defense as well as offense. Alwan would have been better if we could have bought him a breastplate.

3) A shaped pack mule creature would be cool. If it dies all the items would be dropped on the ground. It would have no attack ability. Basically an armored critter. Occasionally as its level of strength and intelligence increased it could carry more and would randomly cast heal or defense spells.

What should be done is make it so that when you learn a creation at higher levels, besides the third level enabling the advanced type and +1 level at creation per level, it should give you the option to spend extra essence to give it a special ability, with a new type at each level, here are some examples:

fyora level 2: add extra fire damage to mellee attack

fyora level 3: deal small amount of fire damage to mellee attackers

fyora level 4: can hit 2 enemies at once with ranged attack

cryora level 2: adds slow effect to ranged attack

thahd level 2: increase chance of stunning

thahd level 3: adds a few points of parry

thahd level 4: adds 1 extra ap

thahd shade level 4: adds curse effect to those who attack and miss.

artilla level 2: adds acid damage to melle attack

artilla level 3: immunity to acid

artilla level 4: can hit multiple targets with ranged attack

searing artilla level 4: increased amount of acid levels caused on hit

roamer level 2: increased mellee damage

roamer level 3: +1 ap

roamer level 4: increased acid levels from ranged attack

pyroroamer level 4: explosion causes stun effect

clawbug level 2: increased stun chance

clawbug level 3: increased poison levels from attack

clawbug level 4: immunity to stunning

plated clawbug level 4: adds several points of armor

vlish level 2: adds curse effect to ranged attack

vlish level 3: increased chance of status effects from attacks

vlish level 4: can hit multiple foes with ranged attack

terror vlish level 4: adds small chance to charm with ranged attack

drayk level 2: high resistance to mental effects

drayk level 3: adds a few points of armor

drayk level 4: can hit multiple targets with ranged attack

cryodrayk level 4: adds slow effect to ranged attack

battle alpha level 2: adds several points of armor

battle alpha level 3: adds a few points of quick action

battle alpha level 4: adds +1 ap

battle beta level 4: adds several points of parry

glaak level 2: mellee attacks cause poison

glaak level 3: adds poison immunity

glaak level 4: increased stun effect

ur-glaak level 4: adds several points of armor

drakon level 2: mental effect immunity

drakon level 3: increased targets for ranged attack

drakon level 4: increased armor

ur-drakon level 4: small chance of causing terror in nearby foes each round

rotgroth level 2: adds constant hp regen effect

rotgroth level 3: increased parry

rotgroth level 4: increased quick action

rotdhizon level 4: greatly increased parry

gazer level 2: adds stun effect to ranged attack

gazer level 3: chance to charm with mellee attack

gazer level 4: increased armor

eyebeast level 4: greatly increased energy regeneration

Quote:
Originally written by Harlequin:
However, they do work the same.
No they dont. The whole point of a weapon switch is so that you save keystrokes/mouse movements. The way its set up, it takes MORE effort to drop a weapon in the quickslot, and then press the quick-key, since you have to do it everytime.

How would you propose a weapon-switch button to work then? Would the game just decide to use whichever weapon in your inventory you wanted when you hit the button? You'd have to set up the weapons you want to switch between beforehand anyway, right?

Then, you'd still have to use a hotkey or click a button to make the switch.... so what's the difference?

You put a weapon in the quickslot and then click that button or use that key and your weapon changes. Click again, and your weapon changes back. Click a different slot for a 3rd weapon.... why is this so difficult?

I would like to see a few sneak type quests. Sneak in and steal x item for me without alerting the guards and I will give you x. I was able to sneak into the guarded rebel camp area and steal everything by running from door to door with my character hasted. I got both the swamp maps and the wooden ring doing this. I was also able to slip into Lord Rahul's chambers and side chamber and steal all of his items.

Another cool quest would be an area where the initial goal is not to kill everything in the area but get past the guards, killing only the sentries if possible. Wipe out the patrols only. Basically time your characters party to run past guard checkpoints until you finish the area-- either to deliver a message or bring some necessary component to clear an area. You get a much better reward for doing this than if you just went in and killed everything.

An idea would be to deliver an item like a piece to fix a summoning platform, etc.

Quote:
Originally written by mok:
How would you propose a weapon-switch button to work then? Would the game just decide to use whichever weapon in your inventory you wanted when you hit the button? You'd have to set up the weapons you want to switch between beforehand anyway, right?
Then, you'd still have to use a hotkey or click a button to make the switch.... so what's the difference?

You put a weapon in the quickslot and then click that button or use that key and your weapon changes. Click again, and your weapon changes back. Click a different slot for a 3rd weapon.... why is this so difficult?
Because when you use the click that button to switch, the weapon disappears from the quickslot.

Quote:

I want the overwhelming parry skill again and use the old guardian graphics again.
I second that. Anything is better than the current guardian graphics smile

Quote:
Originally written by Marcelo:
Please Jeff include a decent Character Editor. I remember the old games included one which was very user friendly and came with the game. That would save us the "mess" caused by *.txt scripts that do not always work and make our games to display errors.

Thanks.
I believe his reasoning for not including a character editor was the fact that Geneforge has cheat codes that do almost the same thing.

Quote:
Originally written by Travers:
Because when you use the click that button to switch, the weapon disappears from the quickslot.
Well, I dunno what's up with your version of GF3, but when I use the quickslot, the weapon goes to my hand and the one in my hand goes to the slot.... and back and forth and back again as many times as you care to do it -- tho' it does take an AP each time if you're in battle mode. I never go back into my inventory in battle mode unless I want to use a different crystal than I have loaded into a slot.

Here goes. I would like to see more outsiders developed into the next game. It is clear that if they survive-- at least the more powerful ones in Geneforge 3, they will be pretty angry. I can imagine some outsiders seeking some kind of revenge on both the shapers and drakons.

I can imagine a few different things which could be added to the game-- new spells and units. Two types of magics which were not fully developed in Geneforge 3 were rune magic and chanting and meditation(this is how serviles get their power) also spellsinging magic.

Three new outsider units which would be interesting would be runed warrior, chanting mage-- access to battle roar, and spell singer-- access to mass madness.

Another thing which is not fully developed is the conflict between magic and shaping. This could be developed further. It would be interesting to get a bit of history on how the shapers gained control over regular magic.

I can also see them losing control over the outsiders mages-- this would happen when they started to learn to enhance their mage skills using the meditative and chanting skills of the serviles cultists. It would make outsider mages much more powerful because they do not have limitations built into them like serviles. It might be possible to get some really cool powers in the next game if your character uses the techniques of the servile cultists. (strictly forbidden of course).

"The Shapers are the oldest, most respected, most secretive, and most powerful of the magical sects"

First one to figure out the obviouse and most logical/intresting plot advance from this sentence gets a cookie.

I am surprised that it has not been brought up on before. I was kinda expecting it in G2.

Minotaurs should be in G4 it makes perfect sense. They are an old magical sect that is thousands of years older than the shapers. The shapers are saying that they are he oldest and strongest of the magical sects so the minotaurs get mad. They threaton to invade the shapers if they do not admit that they are not as strong and old as the minotaurs. The shaper refuse. The minotaurs invade.The reason behind the Sucia Island reasearch was to come up with a way to become stronger so that they could destroy the minotaurs.

Spontaneously appearing Minotaurs are too out of place. Note that the Drakons came from Drayks, and Drayks came from Fyoras, so there is a pattern there. The occurrence of dominant creations is fallowing a lineage (but I hope the next will be something other than Ur-Drakons).

Unless Shapers created Minotaurs they don't really make sense.

Thinking about necromancy. A way to do this would have a set of necromantic shaping starting with shade, then ghost, warrior shade, then mage ghost-- a ghost that shoots essence orbs as the final stage. Also you could add a few forbidden spells-- life drain, aura of terror-- a mass terror spell, vampirism-- gives all your creations life draining attacks, bone wrack-- slow, stun, and damage, and a few others.

<vague ramblings>

I think we need to add lightning damage to the game.

We've got fire and ice already, yes? I guess there's the generic "energy" damage, but that comes off more as, well, generic, not as electric. With the addition of this new and exciting elemental force comes a third level of creations, that, uh, are either somehow more metallic or shoot lightning from their various energy-emitting orifices.

The, uh, Zapora (okay, it's lame, but not as lame as Litora or Electora, the latter of which sounds like something involved in an election process) would be yellow. And shoot lightning bolts. And maybe have one or two more AP than a Fyora, because of the whole quickness association with lightning. Quicksilver Artilas, Copper-laced Thahds, etc.

Ooh, and if someone mastered the art of creating the elemental creatures, they could move on to the highly-forbidden final level of creation, which might be Prism or Star or, um, Tera. These pan-elemental creatures utilize combined forces and do semi-generic damage that is less resistable. They also shimmer, and freshen up the room for you without being oppresively floral. Get rid of that vinegary just-shaped smell.

Also, give the poor Agent a new graphic, for the love of pete. I was thinking, "Hey! New stuff! Cool!" and then looked and saw the Agent has the same, dumpy-looking graphic as before and became just a bit sadder than I started as. Nice touch on the vaguely Harry Potter-esque stripes on the Shaper robes, though.

</vague ramblings>