puresteel items

mok

Ok, so I've finished the game once now (except for some problems underneath the monastery) and I think I've found most of the goodies (at least, those you can get following the more-or-less loyal shaper storyline-- dunno if there's different stuff for the rebels).

So my question is this:

What's so great about puresteel?

Sure, you get a nice base item, but for every puresteel piece of armor out there, there're at least 2 better items that can be made or found. Anyone else feel that wandering around looking for puresteel to be made into a nice item was a waste of time?

Yep -- after completing Phasia's Quest, I found only one other ring of puresteel. Better base protection or even a 13-52 damage sword just doesn't make up for the benefits of enchanted gear.

Just for fun, I mixed and matched my equipment a little while back to come up with a set that gave me an armor rating of 102%. Didn't make much of a difference against the spawned rotgoroths/cryodrayks/Ur-Glaahks in the lower Monastery (gotta love how spawned creatures give 0 xp now! mad ). I still got hurt, though a little bit less. :p