Deep Things

Can anyone remind me where the Deep Crystal and the Deep Focus Orb (not the one in Tears-R-Uss) are? I'm pretty sure I found them fairly early in my last game, but now I've just opened the Darkstone anvil and I still don't have them, so I think I may have missed them somewhere.

Please don't say one of them is in the Purification Plant. I dragged my poor Vlish all through that place, got to the western doors and discovered I didn't have the key. Anyone know where that key is?

EDIT: Found the Deep Focus Orb. Where is Deep Crystal?

Thanks; found the key. I had just overlooked it, as I feared, and it would have been very annoying to have to comb through the whole darn place again, fighting poison the whole way.

About the Deep Crystal: Sigh. I was afraid of that.

I picked it up last game very easily with my Agent. Horrible poison areas are no big deal with Agents and Guardians, but are such a drag with a Shaper. In the first place I always let my Shapers stay wimpy, and carry all kinds of gear that sacrifices their own strength in favor of creations'. So a few basin belches will wipe me right out. And in the second place, you always have to go through these poison areas in combat mode, and with a big squad of creations that gets awfully tedious.

I'll probably just bypass the Plant this time. I'm not going to use the Emerald Chestguard anyway, since the Crystalline Shroud would suit me better.