Do you cheat???

I once used "dbugkill" and "exitzone" in every single area in GF1 and became about as strong as a charged thahd...and I had used the Geneforge. But when I went through every area without cheats and explored thoroughly, I made it to lvl. 26, snatched all the best items, and had 300 HP. Cheating was then out of the question.

Quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:
It would be quite interesting if this poll actually got a high volume of responses. Those of us who can't see the point of cheating have the impression that hardly anyone else does either; apparently those who cheat all the time have the impression that everyone else does too.
As someone who used to cheat compulsively and is now a purist about such things (at least most of the time), I guess I can see both sides of the issue. Now I only cheat where a game's gameplay has turned into frustrating tedium and I just want to see how it ends. (Even then, I've developed a pretty high tolerance for frustrating tedium.)

I must admit, though, I still duplicate my savefiles in roguelikes.

Sometimes. In the past I've hex-edited my skill points up. Currently, I've managed to *misplace* the book "Meeting the Sholai", and so am trying to hex-edit it back, and am making a list of all of the items in the game.

Has anyone seen in the game a "Puresteel Soulblade" or "Gazer Skin Boots?"? Where can they be found legitimately?

Quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:
The Puresteel Soulblade is dropped by one of the Shambling Rotbeasts in the north-center of Monastery Caves. I did get some Gazer Skin Boots, but I'm not sure where ... Maybe Omen Eye, in Maker's End?
There are Gazer Skin sandals when you kill Tigh Eye in Beneri-Eo Labs, I'm pretty sure. For rebels, there's also a pair in Chadwick Prison according to the guidebook.

• 2 weeks later...

uber pool cheat

gives max gold skills level gold spells

use once and never cheat again!!!(in that game)

find one of these on the forum

anyone have an easy to use trainer/cheat, cause i got a really good one!!!

Has anyone writen some trainer or cheat?

ah sorry to below its just that i thought i would put it in a few of the cheat topics

Quote:
Originally written by 8xOverride:
ah sorry to below its just that i thought i would put it in a few of the cheat topics
Definitely no. On this forum, there is little enough traffic that people follow boards, not just threads, so everyone who reads one GF3 thread reads every other GF3 thread, too.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if that post made any sense.

You don't need to cheat. Maybe if you're a lowly shalper, but not if you're an agent. (Thats one of the reasons I'm not a Shaper). I strongly dissagree with cheating, and I find it totally pointless, and that it ruins the game. I used to cheat once or twice years and years ago, but not anymore. It's not fun playing a computer game where you know you can't be hurt etc...

- Archmagi Micael

well my idea of using cheats is to get on with it and get it over with, i spend my time trying to do all goodie and normal way and stuff till i get to a lvl to tear my comp apart, then when time doesnt permit me to bugger my head no longer, i just use cheats and get it over with and try out what is there, then i leasurely play out my way the way i feel it well and viceversa

ahem maybe a lil too much around the bush but thats how i see it.