Avernum 3 Clairvoyance bug

CountKase

In Delis it is possible to search/take Paolo package without either opening a door or bringing down a barrier. appearently the game doesn't consider walls to be an impediment as long a one of you characters say a fourth can see the container to be searched.

This may also affect other games built using similar engines I'll have to check.

The package is in a chest. the chest is in a 2x3 room. There is a (locked) southfacing door in the southwest corner and a northfacing secret panel in the northeast corner. the middle of the room is filled by an impenetrable magical barrier. The chest is in the northwest corner. I somehow doubt there is another panel in the northwest corner. (but there might be can anyone verify/deny this?)

How I tested this on Avernum 3 v1.0. Talk to Paolo to get the mission to retrieve the herbs. Travel to Delis. Step through the panel on the north sid of the inn. Move first charachter adjacent to chest. Search chest.

Nethergate and the Avernums do have some problems with things behind walls. That's the only one that I've ever seen that had any significance at all, though. Mostly it just results in odd messages and opportunities to pick locks or disarm traps that you haven't actually reached.

—Alorael, who thinks the games are somehow programmed under certain circumstances to check for nodes first, then see if a wall blocks passage. It doesn't work in all cases, but it does in a few.